Discharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged

I was discharged on 1/29 and wanted to celebrate with all of you. It took 68 months and I think that I probably should of contacted my attorney sooner than the 68th month. I would say to keep track of you own case and call the attorney with any questions , that is what you paid for. If I had not called to check as to why my case was still going on after 68 months , I really think that I would still be paying. I am so happy to be done!
    I am in no hurry to apply for new credit cards as I am now used to paying cash for everything. The only time I really want a credit card is for traveling. I have learned to budget and think before I spend.
    It is a great feeling to be debt free!!!

Let me be the first to congratulate you. A Chapter 13 certainly teaches us to budget; at least those of us who have successful Chapter 13s.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats on a great accomplishment.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congratulations!!!! Good Job!! I hope to celebrate soon too. This journey is a teaching experience about how to handle money and your finances. Sticking to a budget really helps you manage your money wisely. Again, congrats!!
        Filed Dec 17 2010 Confirmed May 25 2011 Last Payment 12/2015 - Discharged 7/19/2016

Comment

Congratulations!!! You deserve to celebrate for completion and for the well learned lessons. Enjoy your new freedom!!!
          Wow..68 months is a long time....
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Long, long time! But you did it! I think a bk13 is a tough way to learn how to budget but totally worth the pain. Go forth and be frugal! Congrats!!!
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations!! Hopefully I'll be on the other side soon too!!
              Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

You Will , the time really goes fast. Before you know , you will be free. I am enjoying having money left at the end of the month. It will be 7 years since I filed on 12/18, so I have to make sure that it falls off my credit report. Hang in there and you will be done soon

Comment

Congratulations!
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X