Objection To Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Objection To Claim

I am 7 months into my Bankruptcy and today i got a packet in the mail about several creditors filing an objection to claim. Should i be worried? I'm in a 100% plan, this won't affect my payments will it because they are high enough for my income.

This may be a first for me to read of a creditor objecting to the claim of another creditor. Unless this is the Trustee objecting to the claims of creditors (because they were late filed claims).

Are you sure it's an objection to claim or an objection to confirmation?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, it is objection to claim

Comment

Originally posted by Jen52 View Post
        Yes, it is objection to claim
        But who filed an objection to claim? The Trustee or a specific creditor. It reads as though it's an omnibus objection to "claims" (plural).

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Maybe a creditor filed a large late claim and the other creditors are objecting so that it does not reduce their percentages below 100%.

Without more detailed information, all we can do is guess.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yes, the actual caption on the motion would be more specific as to which party is making this motion.

Comment

I'm not home at the moment but when I get home in the morning I'll read again if I see who is doing the objection.

Comment

My guess. . . Trustee has objected to several claims as they were not timely or are duplicates. If so, he/she is just doing his job and OP will be paying a bit less to complete a 100% plan.

Des.

Comment

despritfreya my thoughts the same... that it's an omnibus objection to "claims" (plural). It's nice to see a Chapter 13 Trustee help police the claims process in a Chapter 13.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                    My guess. . . Trustee has objected to several claims as they were not timely or are duplicates. If so, he/she is just doing his job and OP will be paying a bit less to complete a 100% plan.

Des.
                    That might be because one creditor had 4 objection to claim forms and the other creditor just had one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X