Please help with ch 13 process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with ch 13 process

Need some help. Filed my case in June. Submitted plan, and been to Creditors meeting. Everything is going well. Confirmation is set for September 21 (so long to go). I feel horrible. Having trouble functioning at work and home. My fear is not the payment plan ( I can live with that). My fear is the plan won't be confirmed. I fear that all my creditors will come at me at once if not confirmed. My car is being paid through my plan. I have been saving my car payments (been hard) in case I have to catch up. I was also on an IRS payment plan, fearful they would not let be back on one if BK is not approved. Everything seems to be going well, but just afraid of the what ifs. I have a great deal of family support, and I thought I would feel relief from filing, just the opposite. I have even considered voluntarily dismissing my case, try to go back to the way things were. I was broke after all the payments, but I feel so withdrawm Any advise would be appreciated.

Relax, it sounds like you have a good plan and I'm sure your lawyer is going to work hard to get it confirmed. We've all been in your place and as hard as it is, don't stress yourself. If adjustments have to be made, so be it. It really is a one day at a time process.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you

Comment

As long as you are making your plan payments right now, and there is nothing fraudulent in your petition I wouldn't get worried about it. I can't speak to creditor objections because I never had one and I had around a dozen creditors - so that should tell you something (that may be due to most of my creditors selling my debt to debt buyers after I filed), but three are things that trustees object to that can be worked out between trustee and your attorney. The trustee objection at the 341 stage is a common thing.

Comment

It sounds like you are worried that the confirmation hearing will come up and you will suddenly find out your plan won't be confirmed. That is not how it works. If the trustee or a creditor objects to your plan, your attorney will negotiate a modification that everyone can live with and the modified plan would be confirmed. In the unlikely event an agreement can't be reached, the judge will decide whether there is a basis for objection. It doesn't usually go that far, but if it does and the judge rules the objection is valid, the plan can still be modified. There would have to be pretty big problems to have the case dismissed without a plan being confirmed. You could end up with a higher payment, but if the information in your petition is correct and your attorney is competent, there is no reason you shouldn't end up with a confirmed plan that you can live with.
          ​​​​​​
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Kind of hopping in kind of late but I feel Oscar's pain because we are right where he is. I'm terrified ours won't get approved. I'm not sure why it wouldn't but just my luck. If they object or it has to be modified, our lawyer takes care of this or do we have to gather up documentation all over again?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X