Claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claims

I was looking at my claims register this morning and only a few creditors (beside the state tax agency and the IRS) have filed a claim. 3 out of 25 to be exact. My case is only a little more than a month old, so they still have a lot of time. I guess I just expected more claims to have been filed by now. Is this typical? Do only a few end up filing claims mostly?

i was wondering about this as well. Interested to know other's experience. I can't figure out why they wouldn't put in a claim? Also, how long do they have to put in a claim?

Comment

Hi, it is not uncommon for claims to be filed until the last day possible. In my case, I was lucky, everyone filed except Chase. It reduced our liability by 20,000. I'm still shocked to this day.
      Good luck. It does happen, that not everyone files a claim, but don't count on it as a given.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks sophieanne! I figured they would all get around to filing. That's odd that Chase didn't file for a claim that big!

Comment

jhy12, I filed on 7/8 and had my 341 on 8/15, Pacer shows the deadline for claims is all the way to 11/14 - so they have a lot of time.

Comment

Claims are filed intermittently up to the bar date to my observation . Part of the reason (I think) is that your creditors are selling your unsecured debts to the debt buyers and it takes a little time to process those transactions. Like Sophieanne, Chase was my biggest claimholder and did not file a claim and I too am shocked, shocked! The only other unsecured who did not file a claim on my petition was BOA.

I also wonder if the unsecureds are monitoring the cases to see if others file claims, to determine if the payout is on the 13 plan is worth the trouble.

Comment

We filed on 7/20/2016 and our 341 meeting is in a week and I was wondering the same thing. I'm checking the 13Network site daily watching for when my employer payment is going to be entered and to see who has filed a claim. I was under the impression that the claims had to be filed before the 341 meeting.

After reading this thread, I went back to the original notice and saw that the filing deadline is 11/28/2016. So far we have only had 3 out of 16 listed creditors file a claim.

Comment

Is that different if it's a no-asset case? The only thing I wasn't able to exempt was some small-claims judgments that I had purchased which were valued at about $3100.00. They, however, would only net around $1600 as the y are "future-pay" or the creditor gets a % of what I collect.

Comment

Sroe, this thread is about a Chapter 13. All Chapter 13s are assets cases. If a Chap 7 is a no-asset case, no claims are ever filed because there is nothing to distribute to creditors.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

My sincerest apologies!

Comment

No problem. It happens.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeInPgh View Post
                        We filed on 7/20/2016 and our 341 meeting is in a week and I was wondering the same thing. I'm checking the 13Network site daily watching for when my employer payment is going to be entered and to see who has filed a claim. I was under the impression that the claims had to be filed before the 341 meeting.

After reading this thread, I went back to the original notice and saw that the filing deadline is 11/28/2016. So far we have only had 3 out of 16 listed creditors file a claim.
                        Hi BrokInPgh, I have a question. I am new to this. I had my 341 creditors meeting in Lisle, IL almost 3 weeks ago and praying everyday my payment plan is approved. I pay my trustee through Tfs payment website and I use the NDC website to see who is being paid but as yet nothing there, maybe its to early. You mentioned the 13Network. What is that and can I use it in IL.? I would be a big help to see what is going on. I ask my lawyer but get watered down genirc answers that I feel worse after reading them becuase they are so empty. I appreciate any help you can give. I am just so nervous that my payment plan/confirmation that I am waiting on will be denied for some reason. Thank you

James S

Comment

• lvmilizia
                          lvmilizia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You won't see any payments go out to creditors until your plan is confirmed. Just keep making your payments, I am sure you plan will be confirmed, it's just a waiting game it drives you crazy.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X