Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer Update

Logged in to Pacer this morning and saw this:

Trustee's Recommendation as to Confirmation. Confirmation: Recommended. Confirmation hearing has been terminated. Filed by Beverly M. Burden (RE: related document(s) Meeting of Creditors (Chapter 13)). (burden, Beverly) (Entered: 08/23/2016)

Sounds like I am confirmed? My confirmation hearing was scheduled to be heard on 9/20. If this is the case I am beyond excited!

It reads as though the Trustee recommends confirmation. Your plan will be confirmed when the judge signs an Order Confirming Plan. The Trustee is almost always the person that writes the proposed order and puts it in front of the judge. The Trustee may send a copy of the proposed order to your attorney first, but I have personally not had that done in my case as I attended my confirmation, continued confirmation, and final confirmation hearings.

It sounds good!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was going to attend my confirmation hearing - just for the heck of it. But it doesn't sound like there is a need to at this point.

Comment

It reads as though the (final) confirmation hearing is cancelled so there is no longer a need to show up as the case won't be called. Confirmation hearings are boring... unless it's an actual trial where your attorney is fighting with the Trustee. Our district uses a "rocket docket" and confirmations are usually just "read in" to the record without the judge even present (but they are recorded and the courtroom deputy and the Trustee run the "docket").
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for your insight justbroke, I appreciate it! I was a little worried about several of my expenses on my plan not being approved. They were true and legitimate expenses, but have heard trustees not approving things such as high cell phone bills.

I have a great attorney - she has really been on top of things and worked really well on my case.

Comment

When a trustee has a problem with expenses, you know about it before the confirmation hearing and, in most cases, an agreeemnt is reached before the confirmation hearing. Going to a confirmation hearing is a waste of time unless your attorney says you need to be there.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Just an update - the judge signed the order this morning. I am officially confirmed now. My scheduled confirmation hearing was Sept 20. Glad to have gotten it out the way a few weeks early.

Comment

Yay!!!!! That's great news...now you can just work through the plan and move on with your life. How nice to get this good news!!!!!
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X