top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TFS payment plan payment is late and not my fault, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFS payment plan payment is late and not my fault, now what?

10/18/16

I sent a TFS (online payment service) on 10/7/16 and it has not arrived at my Trustee office yet. The only reason I can think of is that we had a Holiday this week. It cleared my bank on 10/14 so that's not it. I sent my Trustee an email with screenshot proof yesterday (10/17/16) the day it is suppose to be there with, of course, no reply. I will call them today to see what happens now. Has anyone had a late payment plan payment and did not suffer any problems are what did happen. Thank you.

I wouldn't worry about it. Payments to the trustee are not always processed immediately by the trustee's office. As long as you have proof of payment you'll be fine.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you as always LadylnTheRed, you where right. I just got an email from my Trustee and he said they got it yesterday. I do worry allot about the unknown. Maybe it is a safety feature.

Comment

Hi Lukesky,
        I'm glad it got resolved. I used TFS and it always took at least 5 -7 days (an extra day if there was a holiday((and remember weekend days do not count). The payment does not go right away to the trustee once the payment posts ito your bank account. It takes a day or two for TFS to confirm the payment came through as they requested. Then the next day they send the payment to the trustee and it usually posts by the trustee on the followingt day. I thought it was a long process myself but I had the steps noted on my calendar every month and the system did run in it's cycle. P.S. - Your trustee has access to TFS so they can always go online and check the progress of a payment without you have to send a printout.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

• lukesky
          lukesky commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sophieanne, I will be a pro when all of this is over. Thank you for your post/reply.

I sent my payment via TFS on 10/6 and it did not draw from my account until Tues 10/11 probably because of the Monday holiday. Went to the TFS website today and it posted on TFS yesterday. I typically make the payment on a Thursday, it is drawn from the bank the following Monday and shows up on TFS on Saturday morning as being posted on the Friday before.

The week to 10 days time from payment to trustee receipt on TFS is normal.

Comment

• lukesky
          lukesky commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you switch625, I moved my TFS payment to a much earlier date so it has almost 13 days to slowly get there.

• lukesky
          lukesky commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you switch625, I moved up my TFS payment to allow for 13 days to slowly get there.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X