Mortgage Loan Modification in 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Loan Modification in 13

When I first filed about 5-6 years ago I asked my attorney about loan modification and she said it was possible but she never saw it done. Now I don't know if she was telling the truth or just tired from all my other issues (which isn't an excuse). So now at the cross roads of possibly filing again (dismissal) I would like to ask generally is it still possible (laws changed?) and how common or maybe I should say how hard is it to get done?

I have read of a few people in here do it successfully! Hopefully they will reply. Good luck!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Definitely possible. I applied for a mortgage modification during my 13 and got approved. Just prepare for a long process, as in months.

Comment

It is possible. If you are even a month behind you get their attention. We had our loan modified just before our BK then again just as we entered our final year of the 13. You need to put together a hardship letter stating why you need the relief. Also the trial payment is not necessarily what your payment will end up as. To our delight our payment ended up a few hundred dollars lower than expected.

Good Luck
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Yes it is possible. I was able to modify my mortgage from 5.25% to 4.00% with BOA. You have to be willing to get behind on your mortgage, write a hardship letter and provide every piece of documentation they ask for and quickly. The process took about 6 months, then the first 3 payments were trial payments and you have to pay those on time or else they will cancel the whole thing.
          Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the submissions. A property value boom plus increase in wages (in 100% plan) took this off the plate for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnworker1 View Post
              Thanks for all the submissions. A property value boom plus increase in wages (in 100% plan) took this off the plate for me.
              @Johnworker1 please reread the forum rules regarding responding to old threads. Reopening and commenting on old threads is strongly discouraged without a good reason to comment.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X