Joined the Chapter 13 club a few days ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined the Chapter 13 club a few days ago

I officially joined the Chapter 13 club a few days ago. This site has been a valuable resource for the past several months. Thank you all for the valuable information shared on this site.

Welcome and good luck with your plan. This is a great site for asking questions and sharing your journey.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Hi!

I'm a little over 2 years in. Have not regretted this decision once (which is what everyone else said,too, but I didn't quite believe it). isn't it great to be able to sleep at night?!

Comment

Welcome, ImNotAlone !
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you guys. My 341 meeting is scheduled 23 days after filing - well under the 30 day norm that I read everywhere. I've been checking Pacer and NDC. NDC website is saying that they locate my case but haven't received the creditor list from my Trustee...I'll check daily and hopefully will be able to register in the next few days. Which is better? Pacer or NDC?

Comment

Thanks I will be joining the club next month so keep us posted so we learn from your experience as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker View Post
              Hi!

I'm a little over 2 years in. Have not regretted this decision once (which is what everyone else said,too, but I didn't quite believe it). isn't it great to be able to sleep at night?!
              I haven't even had my 341 meeting yet and I am over the moon! For the first time *in a year*, I have paid all my bills for the month on time. I am excited when I see my natural gas bill is due soon because I can actually pay it in full! When my phone rings, I can answer it!

This is the best financial decision I've made in 5 years.

Comment

Best of luck to you!!!
                Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

NDC and PACER have different purposes. PACER is the official record of the Bankruptcy Court. All documents filed in your case will appear there and all court proceedings will be recorded there. If you filed Pro Se you should have a PACER account. If you have an attorney, your attorney should keep you updated on what happens with your case. You don't really need to use PACER if you have an attorney, but some people like to keep an eye on it anyway.

NDC is the trustee's tool for managing your case. It will show creditor's claims, your payments to the trustee and the trustee's disbursements to creditors. How trustees utilize the system seems to vary by trustee. It cannot always be relied on to be accurate. I found it most useful to make sure the trustee received my payments.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I have a question about NDC. I have an attorney and my confirmation hearing is next month so I check it quite a bit and I notice it says the "last status updated" has been daily but I can't see anything changes on our case? Is our trustee looking into our case daily?

Comment

I would not use the NDC as any status of your case. Your case status is kept in the court's electronic docket system known as CM/ECF (otherwise known as PACER). The NDC, and 13 Data Center, is used to manage the case from the Trustee's perspective and is not the "official" record of the bankruptcy.

The National Data Center, NDC, receives updates everyday that are fed from other Trustee case management systems and even CM/ECF. The last update would tell me that it was simply updated with current information. The Trustee's office is not manually doing this daily.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I see. Could it just be updating daily even if there if there nothing current to report to my case? As far as I know, it's a waiting game.

Comment

Originally posted by southernmama View Post
                          I see. Could it just be updating daily even if there if there nothing current to report to my case? As far as I know, it's a waiting game.
                          Yes, it is a waiting game. The daily update is probably an upload of all data from the trustee to the NDC database. You are not going to see anything very interesting on NDC, except perhaps creditor's claims being added. But claims will show up on PACER first. I don't think anything showed up on my case in NDC except my plan payments until after confirmation.

Comment

Just a quick update. I had my 341 meeting yesterday and it was pretty straightforward - about 10 questions (mostly Yes/No) and it was over. The Trustee was very nice throughout the entire process and I felt comfortable talking to her. I also made my first payment as well. I am moving on with my life as normal - no stressing or overwhelming myself - just focusing on making my payments and find ways to maximize my savings for the next few years.

Comment

Congrats! Just stay under the radar and you will be golden!
                              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X