Dismissed Chapter 13 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dismissed Chapter 13 question

So we dismissed on Chapter 13 on 12/11/2019. Today, I got two letters from Sychrony Bank wanting to settle. I expected this so I’m not shocked. My question is how long before they start to garnish me or what are the next steps typically? Has anyone ever been through a dismissed BK before?

I don't have any experience with BK dismissals, but I'd think you're in trouble if you have an aggressive creditor law firm like one of Amex's. They can use the BK filing as a cheatsheet to your job and real estate.

Comment

southernmama, when are you going to be able to refile? Are you going to try for a 7?
      I hope everything works out better for you in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by southernmama View Post
        So we dismissed on Chapter 13 on 12/11/2019. Today, I got two letters from Sychrony Bank wanting to settle. I expected this so I’m not shocked. My question is how long before they start to garnish me or what are the next steps typically? Has anyone ever been through a dismissed BK before?

Synchrony Bank reduced every one of our cards with them to 0% APR, no late fees and worked with us on payments that we could afford. Discover gave me 9.99% interest reduction for a year. Amex flat fee interest charge of $7.99 per month. Citi also 0% interest on a payment plan. Of course, it ruins your credit but so does a bankruptcy but it's the same either way, a long term payment plan. Capital One didn't want to work with me on two of their accounts but Kohl's did. This was wired. BOA denied me because they said I couldn't afford their payment plan lol.

Curious as to what you owe on Synchrony and what they offered to settle for?
        Last edited by womanonfire; 01-25-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X