Payment #60 was Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment #60 was Today

The final payment was taken via wage garnishment today. I just need to wait for it to post to the trustee's site. I spoke to the person who will send the letter to my employer and he said to give him a call as soon as it posts so he can send over the stop order. After that phone call I'll be touching base with the attorneys office so they can file the motion to discharge. Our attorney said it should take a couple of weeks to get the discharge. Really looking forward to 2020.

Congratulations!

Making to payment 60 of 60 is something, isn't it? I was so happy for that last payment, but at the same time sad. No more forced budget so I hope my old ways do not come back.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations on completing your Chapter 13. Ultimately as much as I complain I know that has got to be the best feeling knowing you completed something that was very hard and voluntary. Awesome achievement and a great way to start the new Decade!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!! 2020 - the year to start your new debt free life. Feels great, doesn't it???
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
          Congratulations!!!!!! 2020 - the year to start your new debt free life. Feels great, doesn't it???
          It hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm pretty sure it will when I get my next paycheck. We are definitely beginning a new "Chapter" in our life, and this one doesn't have a 13 after it.

Comment

I totally understand and agree..your next paycheck will be a reason to celebrate!!!
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I totally understand and agree..your next paycheck will be a reason to celebrate!!!
              Tomorrow will be my first full paycheck in 60 months, I saw the check stub today. It is finally sinking in that this thing is over. Now we just need to wait for the discharge, hopefully that won't take too long.

Comment

Congrats!!!!
                I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Spoke with the attorneys office today. The trustee's website shows completed and the attorney has filed the motion to discharge. We are getting so close to putting all this behind us.

Comment

Awesome...you'll be able to move on and not worry about this anymore. Was it nice getting a full check again ?
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Awesome...you'll be able to move on and not worry about this anymore. Was it nice getting a full check again ?
                      Yes it was, although the mortgage payment took away 2/3 of it. It's nice to be paying the mortgage again, hadn't paid it on my own in 60 months plus the 3 or 4 months that the attorney told us not to pay before we filed.

Comment

Congrats! Post like this makes me feel like there is light at the end of the dark tunnel!

Comment

Congrats on completing your plan! It is a great feeling.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X