top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chpt 13 over 8/2020, but Inheratance soon..now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck lukesky - I hope you have the success with your motion. Please let us know what happens.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by lukesky
      Hey justbroke. Well, the Judge did approve the motion to use my inheratance to go to my Chapter 13. I was at a 10% but now I am at 100%. So now the unsecured creditors that where dormant after being paid the 10% are now due for all of their money. So I just gave them over $15,000 and now when I get the 2nd inheratance check maybe around $5,000 it will pay off my Chapter 13 sometime maybe this year. In the meantime I still have to pay what I was paying monthly on my chpt 13 for almost 4 years until then. I have another question; there is plenty enough money now to pay off the only secured creditor in my chapter 13 plan which is my car and I think they come first in payments, do you think I will get my title to my car now right after that is paid?
      If you did a cramdown on your car, it is likely that you won't receive the title until sometime after discharge. If you didn't cramdown the car, then the creditor should release the lien sometime after the last payment towards taht debt.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

• lukesky
        lukesky commented
        Editing a comment
        I have heard of cramdowns justbroke, and thank god none was initiated. I asked my attorney after the trustee gets this, and he has, the inheratance money when will I get my car title, and of course ….dead silence as always. Thank you.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X