% Payback question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    It's even more interesting shipo as even Districts within a State can have different procedures and so-called "local" rules.
    As an engineer, I can quite honestly say, the logic of that eludes me.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

shipo if you're going to be inconsistent, be consistently inconsistent!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

There are even trustee differences within the same district. In Atlanta, one of the chapter 13 trustees let you keep tax refunds of any size. The other trustees let you keep $2500. If you go to the central district of California, you keep only $500 no matter the trustee but it used to be that one of the trustees let you keep nothing. I'm sure there are huge trustee differences in the scrutiny on your schedule I and J and there might be differences in your assigned assistant trustee. Maybe you can get away with 2 months worth of medical receipts. Maybe you need a year's worth of receipts. The only thing that's consistent is that nobody takes your word for it on your expenses if they are higher than usual.

Individual judges can vary alot as well. Sometimes you can do a motion, sometimes you need a full blown AP depending on what you're trying to do and which judge you have.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X