PACER use question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER use question

I am not sure if anyone can easily answer this. Is anyone really familiar with PACER and knows which document/link to use after you find your case and want to look up which creditors responded and are being paid and which are not? I had gone through this a while back and it looked like some did not file/claim any payment.

I am curious now again as we hit our halfway mark. I saved some documents to my laptop and will try to find them.

When I go on PACER I end up clicking this and clicking that. Fortunately I do not go to the point where I have to pay (I did the first time when we were allowed less documents for free).

It's not dire just curiosity because it would be great if this can be paid in less than 5 yrs, even if only by a few months. I will probably end up playing around with it when I have more time. I could afford if I click too many documents it's not just the expense, but also the frustration of not finding what I want!
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

I don't believe pacer is the right place for this inquiry. I use the trustee13 system to figure out who is going to get paid and who isn't. As justbroke says many times, the figures on trustee13 can't be trusted at all but it will tell you if the trustee is eventually going to pay that creditor something.

Comment

While our case was still active I used ndc.org to track our bk case. The information was always extremely accurate and showed who filed claims, how much each creditor was paid, the base plan amount, tracked payments and etc. The data is updated about every two to three days.
      Filed chapter 13 petition 7-7-2015
      Discharged 8-28-2020

Comment

Carmella - pacer does have a link to show who claimed and the amount but it does not keep a running total. Do you have access to 13network - it is something your trustee may use to track the payments..as flashoflight wrote, it’s not perfect but will give you a good idea of where you’re at. Maybe check with your attorney to see if you have or can get access. My trustee’s website gave info on how to access.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Your Chapter 13 Trustee may use one of several other tools including, but not limited to, National Data Center (NDC), 13 Network, TrustWin, Trustee13, and/or something from SunTrust. I had a Trustee that used TrustWin (case management) and the NDC (overall status) and SunTrust (payments).

The number of tools used and the quality of the claim information can be tricky at best. Usually your Chapter 13 Trustee can tell you what they use. For example, Trustee13 is used by maybe 30 Trustees, but over 200 use the NDC.

Yes, confusing.

But, generally, a debt should do two things. Register for the free PACER notification system through the Bankruptcy Noticing Center (BNC). The BNC provides a free one-time use "link" to PACER if there is a "document" docketed in your case. It notifies the debtor by email with that special link. There are other options as well.

The other thing is to register for the tool which the Trustee uses. I like the NDC as it is probably the most well done and is easy to use. But, each of those tools allows you to see what the Trustee is paying and maybe get a look at the check dates and whether any checks were returned. That's good if you're curious.

At the end of the day, your order (or modified) confirming the Chapter 13 plan is controlling.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have an account at NDC and I think that is what I used before comparing our paperwork (not sure what it's called, the legal document after we filed that spells everything out) to what was on NDC. It's just the curiosity because don't we all love it if our plan finishes early!

I have not seen the BNC. I can look through the paperwork to see what system they might use if it's something other/in addition to NDC

Thanks for the replies.
            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

The BNC belongs to the U.S. District court and has nothing to do with the administration of a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 11/13. The BNC is solely a system that allows "electronic" (or mail) notification of important events on the bankruptcy docket. For a Chapter 13, the BNC is useful in that you will receive an email that something happened and it will attach that "something" to the email (depending on how you configure the notifications).
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X