top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feels good to be on the down hill portion of this mountain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels good to be on the down hill portion of this mountain!

I just passed the 2 1/2 year mark in my CH13. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel LOL! I still need to do the Part 2 of my BK training/class. I can't wait to get to only under 2 years left, it's going to feel great! Learned so much, and I have to say if you get in a tight spot, Canned food and cheap Pasta IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to feel so freaking good when it's over and my 2017 Truck is payed for, and NO Debt!

Have A Great Weekend!

Hi Franco...congratulations for being at the halfway point!!!!! Sounds like you’re doing a great job and well on your way to a successful completion. If you’ve learned from this journey, you’ll do great when you reach the end, Do yourself a favor and get that second class taken care of; you won’t have to think about it anymore and it won’t be hanging over you at the end. Thanks for sharing your update..others can learn from your experience and cheer you on as you head down the hill to the finish line!!

Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Awesome Franco, having been in your shoes, trust me, the feeling of being a kid before Christmas will continue to grow all of the way through the day your Discharge is ordered, and even to a certain degree, the day your case is closed. I was there last year and yeah, the feeling you get when those two events occur justify all of the build-up; it feel's freakin' GREAT!

Your comment about being in a "tight spot" hit home with me as well; during my fourth year my (then) 16-year old car with just over 200,000 miles succumbed to all manner of corrosion and would have cost me over $3,000 to simply make it road-legal (but still with leaking body panels). I opted to donate the old girl and had to dip into my meager savings to pay cash for a new(er) car; the good news is I didn't quite get to the canned food and cheap pasta level; I lived off of eggs, PB&J sandwiches, hot-dogs, and chicken thighs for about six weeks.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

I'm glad to read that you're making it despite the trials of a Chapter 13. A Chapter 13 will definitely test your mettle.

My Chapter 13 was nothing compared to my college days. I ate Ramen noodles 24/7 (they were sometimes on sale for 10/$1... woohoo!). I also ate a lot of macaroni and cheese as that was cheap too. Of course, pizza was often and plentiful and I think Chef Boyardee was good company. I don't recall ever buying something that I had to do anything other than heat it up (the oven never saw the light of day). I sometimes drank only tea all day... loaded with sugar for sustenance. But, I wouldn't want to change that experience; it was humbling.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats on your halfway mark! I'm in my final month of a 5-year plan, and it is a great feeling. You'll be there before you know it.

Comment

Thank you folks, it's been one hell of a ride thus far. Don't ever want to go through this again!

Comment

Way to go. I just realized that after this month's payment, I have 1 year remaining. Yahoo! I can't wait for it to be over. Just in time for my second kid to start college. Hold me, lol.

Comment

LOL indeed, congratulations newlife13!
                Latent car nut.

Comment

Franco, I am approaching the half-way point also. It hasn't been easy. I think the biggest thing was learning to deal with the emotional part.

Comment

CONGRATS!!! I was so excited to hit the half way mark and now we are almost at the 3 yr mark! Looking forward to not having this heavy BK payment. Ours is higher than what I see most people list, but in the end it gives us the freedom to move on and not be tied to the debt and ever climbing interest, etc.
                    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X