Pro Tips When Calling the Mortgage Lender for Anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Tips When Calling the Mortgage Lender for Anything

1) When you call your mortgage lender for any reason, you always want to use the bankruptcy department's phone number and only use that when calling for anything. If you talk to the regular department for customer service, they will always have to transfer you back to the bankruptcy department.

2) If there is a menu option for debtor's counsel or trustee, always pick it. If you pick the customer option, you will end up in the regular menu tree and get bounced all over the place. Just pretend you are the attorney. Don't be tempted to the dark side and pick customer.

This could save you 30 minutes - 1 hour or more.

Agree 100%. I would always ask for the bankruptcy or insolvency department. Saves so much time trying to explain things!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I can add, from my own experience, should you be behind in post-petition payment, do not call to ask what would happen to your account if you decided to convert to Chapter 7.

DUHHHH!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X