top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completed 60th payment - What happens next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed 60th payment - What happens next?

So my wife and I completed our 60th payment. Our lawyer sent us a document we signed and returned requesting ACH payments to stop (which they have now) and just wondering what happens next?

I checked the NDC Debtor site and the status on the dashboard shows as "Completed". On the PACER site it shows under status as "Order discharging debtor" which was filed on 9/16/21.

Does this mean that the audit is close to being done and the discharge will happen shortly?

All I can say is this has been the toughest 5 years of our lives and I'm beyond thankful for this site in helping people like myself make it through.

thanks,
    Grimmel

If you have an Order Discharging Debtor then you are discharged. You are now in the twilight period where the final Chapter 13 Trustee audit occurs and the final accounting is filed with the court.

So.... Congratulations on your discharge!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks justbroke for your quick response and answer. Not sure if others felt like me but it sorta seems anticlimactic but in a good way.

Comment

grimmel95 , congratulations to both of you!
        Just curious, and I know processing for every case is different - but, when did you make your last payment (approximately if appropriate)? I am curious about the timing for the process between last payment and discharge posting on the NDC Debtor site. It seems, average time is 30-90 days as justbroke has mentioned before.
        We have 5 remaining.
        And yes, anticlimactic, in this case, is actually a good thing.
        Take it easy.

Comment

Huge congratulations to you grimmel95, you deserve it!
          One thing's for sure - I'd rather be dead than have to repeat this hell again. LOL
          Last edited by Barbisi; 09-20-2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Zombie13 We had two ACH payments taken the 5th/20th of every month due to the large amount due to the trustee each month. Our last payment was taken out on 8/20 and then that was it. We received a form from our lawyer mid august that we both had to sign and return to them so they could request a stop for ACH payments once the final payment was pulled. I've been checking every few days and the PACER site showed the "Order discharging debtor" looks like it went in on 9/16.

hope that helps!

Comment

Barbisi Thank you so much! I agree 100% with you that I would rather go to hell than have to go through another 5 years of this. I can honestly say that there were times either we weren't going to make or our marriage was over. We both understood we had a budget to adhere to but then it was the "why can't I spend this money - it's mine" or the "I'm tired of you saying NO when I want to buy X". It was so painful!

Comment

grimmel95 , thank you for the detailed response, much appreciated. We will be checking the NDC and PACER sites once we make... The Final Payment. Hm... sounds like one of those 3-word action thriller films: In A World.... where they make the final payment.... time... is running out. Now, only one man.... can cash that check...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X