Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just made the Ch13 payment, Two Payments Remaining

Alrighty.
    This is the 'Two Minutes to Midnight' payment (reference to Iron Maiden song actually ).
    Next payment will be payable Christmas Eve... yes, Bah Humbug!
    Fairly recently we have been boxing up fragile stuff, and donating things we don't need and others can desperately use.
    Since we have the time, this go around, we are strategizing our packing - light stuff goes into saved boxes (and bubble wrap/paper) that are 'good fits', and those, go into U-Haul x-large boxes (so far). Reasoning is, their box sizes are supposedly sized to fit very well on top of each other: x-large, large, medium, small. I don't think we're going to use one of their trucks to drive cross country... two adults, three grown cats? No way. So if we have to do our own relocation, then a service such as PODS will have to do. If we get a relocation package, all the better.

Wow. I can't believe it's almost over.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Nice, I have 3 payments left. I can't wait to move on with my life.
      good luck

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Man... no kidding. This cannot come soon enough. By the time the 'close' comes, we will already have most of our stuff in storage, so the house will be close to listing-ready.

Comment

Originally posted by 5yrplan View Post
          Nice, I have 3 payments left. I can't wait to move on with my life.
          good luck
          Right on!
          Same here; we are ready to leave CO and pick up where we left off, in another state.

Comment

Congrats on payment 58!

I hope you still come around as you move and let us know how Post BK 13 Life is treating you!
            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Congrats! Right here with you. Only two payments to go! My second starts college in 9 months, so I'll have two in at once and be poorer than ever, but at least I'll no longer be bankrupt!

Comment

Originally posted by newlife13 View Post
                Congrats! Right here with you. Only two payments to go! My second starts college in 9 months, so I'll have two in at once and be poorer than ever, but at least I'll no longer be bankrupt!
                My youngest started college only about six months into my Chapter 13; that kinda-sorta sucked. Under the "when it rains it pours" category, I had to struggle through my entire Chapter 13 to pay as much of her Undergraduate Degree as possible (in the end she only needed to take out $6,000 in student loans); the good news was she tore things up getting her Bachelor's Degree with a double major in two creampuff subjects called "Political Science" and "Economics", and managed to graduate Magna Cum Laude in the process. Better news still is, not only is my Chapter 13 now over, but her university offered her a gig as a TA in exchange for paying the full load of her Master's Degree in Economics; double bonus, no more payments to the Trustee, and no more tuition payments.
                Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post

My youngest started college only about six months into my Chapter 13; that kinda-sorta sucked. Under the "when it rains it pours" category, I had to struggle through my entire Chapter 13 to pay as much of her Undergraduate Degree as possible (in the end she only needed to take out $6,000 in student loans); the good news was she tore things up getting her Bachelor's Degree with a double major in two creampuff subjects called "Political Science" and "Economics", and managed to graduate Magna Cum Laude in the process. Better news still is, not only is my Chapter 13 now over, but her university offered her a gig as a TA in exchange for paying the full load of her Master's Degree in Economics; double bonus, no more payments to the Trustee, and no more tuition payments.
                  Here's hoping mine has the same work ethic!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    justbroke you said it, with your iconic understatement! I can hardly believe it myself! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
                      Congrats on payment 58!

I hope you still come around as you move and let us know how Post BK 13 Life is treating you!
                      Carmella, thank you for always offering support.
                      We will probably still be posting even after this thing comes to an end to provide
                      updates on whatever hurdles we still have to jump to get to the next level of freedom.
                      And besides we want to follow how you are doing as you painstakingly inch your way to Bk13 Liberation Day!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X