Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ch 13 Discharge: How Much Time Between Final Disbursement and Trustee/Audit Report?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 13 Discharge: How Much Time Between Final Disbursement and Trustee/Audit Report?

The checks were cut last week. I received the trustee refund of overpayment to my plan for a couple hundred bucks this week, and I already cashed the check. I read on another trustee website in my district that indicates that the trustee waits for the checks to clear, then performs the audit, issues the report and then the notice of (creditor) objection to discharge motion is filed. Most of the discharge process has milestones that are easy to follow, but the time between disbursement to audit/report is for me not as easy to discern. I also have to believe that if I'm getting a refund, the trustee is not going to have any other issues with moving to discharge, right? I've done everything else I needed to do: DSO, two classes, mortgage was confirmed OK.
    Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019

It varies so much by State, District and Trustee, that I wouldn't care to speculate. I would expect 30-60 days... it could be sooner, and it could be later depending on how busy they are. The reason the time varies is that final checks are cut, mailed, and then the Trustee waits up to 30 days for them to clear or be returned. They have to make sure ALL the money is spent (otherwise it just creates more work for them).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Hi switch..i totally agree with what justbroke said. The final report that totally closed the case was issued 2 months after my discharge. The good news is things are moving along...don't worry, everything is now just a formality for the trustee (done behind the scenes). What a wonderful holiday gift for you...congratulations!!!!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

• switch625
        switch625 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! and thanks for the info!

I'm that limbo period myself. Final payment arrived at the trustee on 12/4. Emailed my attorney last week but crickets. At this point, in NDC, the only payment left is to the Trustee herself. As a matter of fact, the Trustee paid off all of my secured and priority debt on 9/28. The last few disbursements have been to unsecured debt. Hopefully that bodes well for my discharge. Disbursements are usually done on the 4th Thursday or Friday of the month. That means next week. Ugh

Comment

I'm also in that limbo period. Final payment was made 12/1. I received a form letter from the trustee earlier this week. It stated that discharge could take up 4 months. We'll see...

Comment

In the same boat here. Final payment was in August. Got the refund check, cashed it. I’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting. I check pacer every-single-day. All I ever see in my status is “awaiting trustees report”. I’m getting worried. Why is it taking soooooooo long.

Comment

Wow..congratulations to all!!! I love seeing with a group of 13 filers all come to the end of their plan. Be patient, you will be totally done soon! Happy holidays to everyone.
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I'm guessing DeepBreaths that's it because the trustee may have to wait for every check to clear. I've seen one case where the plan was completed in April and the trustee report wasn't issued until July. I have one creditor who I own less than $100 and that creditor got an amount of less than $2.00 for the last payment. I could see that creditor just tossing that check in the trash. My trustee refund check had an expiration date in March 2019 (90 days), so if there isn't a check that clears by then, maybe the trustee has to wait that long. You and I could be I for a wait.
              Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019

Comment

In our district (Wa state)..the creditors have 90 days to cash their checks. If the checks aren't cashed at 90 days, the information/outstanding money is turned over to the court who handles the outstanding checks (they go on to a list of uncashed checks and if need be the creditor has to contact the court to have it re-issued). At that point (after 90 days), the trustee closes your case and as far as everyone who has been involved - it is done and over. They will NOT not close the case because a creditor hasn't cashed a check. They do have to wait the 90 days though.
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by lessthanzero View Post
                  I'm also in that limbo period. Final payment was made 12/1. I received a form letter from the trustee earlier this week. It stated that discharge could take up 4 months. We'll see...
                  Did anything update in PACER for you?

Comment

wd2005 Nothing in Pacer since 12/31/18. I can see that my attorney filed all of the end of case stuff. Also received a small refund from the Trustee. Final disbursements went to creditors on 1/3/19. I'm trying to not be obsessed with checking Pacer and NDC.

Comment

Don't be a PACERholic! You'll be fine lessthanzero! It should be at least 30-45 days from the Motion for Entry of Discharge. I would say something after January 31st may be the time the magic happens.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Comment

Congrats to all three of you who are just waiting to discharge, I've got 43 more months which seem like FOREVER! I'd trade places with either of you any day!!! Congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                          Don't be a PACERholic! You'll be fine lessthanzero! It should be at least 30-45 days from the Motion for Entry of Discharge. I would say something after January 31st may be the time the magic happens.
                          I've been checking pacer like 4 times a day since NDC status changed to "discharged" lol. I'm a maniac,

Comment

Don't worry wd2005 we have a support group; PACER Anonymous.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X