X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knappyhead
    started a topic Divorce

Divorce

9 Jan 19 will be my 1 year anniversary of being confirmed. I pay $1,697 per month on a 5 year plan. Seven months ago I separated from my wife and moved out. I pay for my own place, alimony and child support. I discussed this with my lawyer when I moved out and she is just now accomplishing the documentation for my payments to drop. She stated after all my new expenses I have an available income of $120.00 so she is suggesting my payments drop to $400. My soon to be ex did not file with me so her income is not included. What can I expect from the trustee once he receives this documentation? My lawyer said he won't want to see bank statements or anything but I don't know what to expect. I also asked her if I only have $120 left why I don't qualify for a ch 7. She said she will re-do the means test this week and see if I do. I guess I am just nervous about stirring anything up with the trustee as my payments and everything was going smoothly. Trying to stay off the radar.

• LadyInTheRed
    replied
    Originally posted by knappyhead View Post
    What can I expect from the trustee once he receives this documentation? My lawyer said he won't want to see bank statements or anything but I don't know what to expect.
    Before reading what your lawyer said, I would have answered that the trustee might want to see evidence of your current income and expenses. Your attorney would know better than I. Try not to worry.

Leave a comment:

• LadyInTheRed
    replied
    Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
    What I'm wondering is, if you have $120 left after expenses, why is your lawyer suggesting a $400 payment....
    good luck, I hope things work out they way you want them to.
    That was my first reaction too. From past posts, it looks like there is tax debt involved. There is also home equity, so maybe some of that was not exempt. Either of those could create a minimum that must be paid in Chap 13 and make a conversion to Chap 7 undesirable.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 01-09-2019, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sophieanne
    replied
    What I'm wondering is, if you have $120 left after expenses, why is your lawyer suggesting a $400 payment....
    good luck, I hope things work out they way you want them to.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X