Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Done :)

The trustee filed a notice of plan payment completion yesterday and my attorney filed the motion for discharge/DSO. It showed up on PACER today with a deadline of 01/29, there is also another line that says "45 Day Motion Review Deadline", set for 02/22. What is the 45 day motion review deadline?

It seems like everyone's experience is different. My attorney filed a motion for discharge on 12/27 and it was up on PACER that day. Today NDC shows "Discharged" as the current status. Nothing in PACER, though. I have no idea what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmck1973 View Post
      The trustee filed a notice of plan payment completion yesterday and my attorney filed the motion for discharge/DSO. It showed up on PACER today with a deadline of 01/29, there is also another line that says "45 Day Motion Review Deadline", set for 02/22. What is the 45 day motion review deadline?
      There is always a period, after filing a Motion for Entry of Discharge, where the court allows creditors (and even the Trustee) to object to the entry of the discharge. That 45 day motion review is likely a "tickle" date so that the Clerk's office is "tickled" (notified) when that date passed. Those tickle dates help to keep the cases moving, otherwise it is very easy to forget about a case. (The normal time that is allowed to object to the Entry of Discharge is 30 days. Extra time may be padded for mailing delays, holidays and other clerical needs.)

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X