Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about NDC Case Status of: Completed

Hi everyone.
    I just checked our NDC status today, Sunday Feb. 06, 2022.
    Date updated: Friday Feb. 04, 2022
    NDC Case Status: COMPLETED
    General Information - Completed, Pending FRA

Case Milestones section:
    Date Case Closed: 02/04/2022

So what does 'Pending FRA' mean?
    Also, I see 'Case Closed' in a few places.
    Does this mean, "Discharged and Closed", completely, no more work to do on the part of Us, our Attorney, the Trustee, and the Court? Or, does it mean, 'yeah, kinda sorta closed but there is more stuff to do'??

Ah... did a search and found this thread; if it is not appropriate to include a link to a very old thread, I can delete it:

What does this mean? - Bankruptcy Forum Chapter 7 13 341 Meeting Credit Collections (bkforum.com)

Last edited by Zombie13; 02-06-2022, 08:35 AM.

Case closed, on NDC, doesn't mean Case Closed.

Case closed on NDC usually just means that the final payment was done and the Chapter 13 Trustee marked the case as completed and closed.

Just need the Chapter 13 Trustee to file the notice of plan completion and then the final report. Then it could be officially discharged and closed, respectively.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I logged in today to check and NCD says "Case Status Completed." Is there anything else it can mean? I'm scared to get my hopes up, and I really thought we had longer to go before it was completed. It wouldn't say that if something was screwed up and it was dismissed or simply "closed", correct? Case status completed should mean that the final payment has been received and we just wait now for all the post case things to be done? I'm waiting for a call back from our attorney, and I just had to google to try to find an answer lol.

I don't see the "Pending FRA" yet. I'm a worry wort and don't want to trust it means what I want it to mean.

Comment

It should mean that the payment plan has been completed. You'll need to look to PACER, or your attorney, to determine if the Trustee filed the notification of last payment received and that the case is proceeding to discharge and closure.

Congratulations for getting this close. If you weren't expecting this because you're in year 1 of a 5 year plan... then your attorney will have a better answer.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X