top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claims bar date has passed, dancing a jig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claims bar date has passed, dancing a jig!

Twelve of my creditors did not show up, reduced my debt owed by $34,478.08. So if continue to make the same plan payment that I'm making now, I will be done in 36 months rather than 60.

We still have to file claim objections to the mortgage claim. The aim is to reduce the debt by way of recoupment so this will be interesting!

List of creditors who did not file claims:

Chase - under $1000
    Cap One - under $1000
    Synchrony - variety of cards from them totaling 21k
    Hospital
    UPS
    Webbank - around 9k

That sounds great. It's all fuzzy now, but I think I had about $30K worth of debt for which the creditors did not file a claim. One of them was Chase and I was surprised.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      That sounds great. It's all fuzzy now, but I think I had about $30K worth of debt for which the creditors did not file a claim. One of them was Chase and I was surprised.
      Funny. Chase was the first of my unsecured creditors to file a claim. They were also the fastest to go from "You're late" to "Your card is canceled and we're going to do horrible things to your credit/life."

All the rest were trying to reach out to me to work something else, not them.

Comment

Chase..was the only one not to file a claim..$21,000. I was shocked.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X