Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the Notification of Final Report and Discharge! But...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the Notification of Final Report and Discharge! But...

Got the Trustee final report yesterday and the discharge notice today. My notice says that objections to, or delay entry of, discharge must be filed within 14 days of the notice, but objections to the trustee final report are to be filed within 30 days of the notice. While I'm guessing I will get the discharge at the end of the 30 days if no objections, but is it possible I can get it as soon as after 14 days? I'm also guessing the 14 day deadline is to allow hearings to be scheduled within the 30 day timeline.
    Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019
    Credit Karma FICO scores 2 months post-discharge:
    718 Trans Union/732 Equifax

You will receive your discharge after 14 days. The Trustee's report details how much was paid to each creditor, and the amount that should have been paid according to the Order confirming the Plan. However, there are sometimes discrepancies in the distribution and this gives a creditor the chance to say "hey, wait... the Trustee didn't send us the $10,000 that they claim." The objection to the report is more about the administrative closing than the discharge.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks JB!
      Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019
      Credit Karma FICO scores 2 months post-discharge:
      718 Trans Union/732 Equifax

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X