Awaiting closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaiting closing

PACER has our case status as Awaiting Closing, this was put on PACER on 6/8 (2 days ago)

What does this mean: Automatic Discharge of Debtor for Chapter 13

It does state that this document does not close or dismiss the case and it explains that creditors cannot collect on discharged debts and then it lists debts that are not for example domestic support, student loans and some other items.

Do we just wait now for the official discharge? The letter the attorney gave me sounds like it's over as she included a statement if you need anything call and wishing us well with future endeavors.

We already completed the financial course. We don't have any child support obligations--if we signed something almost 5 yrs ago is that accepted?
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Your discharge should come within a week or six (depends upon your area); the official closing will happen weeks or months later. In my case, the discharge was ordered (and granted) almost exactly a month after my last payment was recorded; the closure took another three months.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

It reads as though the discharge was automatically entered once the Chapter 13 Trustee filed their notice of plan completion. The close will take longer as the court needs the Chapter 13 Trustee's final distribution report.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Here's to a record speedy discharge, Carmella!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X