Order of Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of Discharge

I checked Pacer today and saw an order of discharge which has been signed by the judge and effective today, 24 Aug 22. I was surprised to see it and knew it was coming but once I saw it I felt a huge relief I have not felt in such a long time. I filed in Aug 2017 and hard to believe it is over. My attorney already called to congratulate me.

Thanks again to all of the experts on this forum that got me through it especially during the first couple years. It was a long road I will not lie, but got easier the last couple years.

Does anyone know how long this takes to report closed at the credit bureaus?

I want to say for those just starting or already going through it to keep it up and don’t quit. It may be a struggle at times but it can be done and your attorney and trustee will work with you. At least mine did. You can do it.

Congratulations crazytimes, yet another Chapter 13 bites the dust; this seems to be the year for it.

Regarding how long from discharge to close, it varies by region and Trustee; in my case it took nearly 4-months, however, my discharged was granted at the very beginning of the COVID lockdown era in March of 2020, so it is no surprise my closure took so long.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
      Congratulations crazytimes, yet another Chapter 13 bites the dust; this seems to be the year for it.

Regarding how long from discharge to close, it varies by region and Trustee; in my case it took nearly 4-months, however, my discharged was granted at the very beginning of the COVID lockdown era in March of 2020, so it is no surprise my closure took so long.
      Are you stating the time it takes to show closed at the bureaus?

Comment

Originally posted by crazytimes View Post

Are you stating the time it takes to show closed at the bureaus?
        No, the official closing date as per Pacer. If I recall correctly, bureaus only key off of the discharge, I do not believe there is any indication of a post-discharge "close" status.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

No, the official closing date as per Pacer. If I recall correctly, bureaus only key off of the discharge, I do not believe there is any indication of a post-discharge "close" status.
          So it pretty much stays the same until it finally drops off? How to banks know the ch13 is closed? Sorry something I am not getting.

Comment

Banks don't care if it is closed; all they care about is the discharge.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

Banks don't care if it is closed; all they care about is the discharge.
              Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Congrats on your discharge I started 8/2017 but modification has me completing mine 9/2022. I'm one payment away hardest 5 years EVER!!!! Enjoy😊

Comment

Originally posted by masmith57 View Post
                  Congrats on your discharge I started 8/2017 but modification has me completing mine 9/2022. I'm one payment away hardest 5 years EVER!!!! Enjoy😊
                  You are almost there. Congratulations on completing the 5 years.

Comment

Congratulations from me as well.

The discharge could show within 48-72 hours or can take a little more time to trickle to the bureaus.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
                      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Congrats! How long after you made your last payment were you discharged?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X