Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Rent Reporting Question

Hi -

I have 6 more payments to go for my Ch 13 case (54/60 months, a long time coming!) and have a question. I have been renting a place and recently my leasing office has offered a rewards system for making rents on time, etc. One of the features is "Rent Reporting" which means to report paid rent on time to the three major credit bureaus. Even though I have not applied for a credit card and such for the duration of my Ch 13 case, do any one of you happen to know if this would potentially impact my case negatively if I sign up for Rent Reporting so to start boosting my credit score until my case is closed/discharged and dust settled before I apply for a card to start rebuilding my credit score?

I will check with my lawyer, but thought to check with you all on this forum. Thanks!
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

It's not credit so I don't think that any Chapter 13 Standing Trustee would care.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, justbroke!
      Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
      Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

If anything, Rent Reporting will not matter at all, or it will be a beneficial thing for your credit score. I'd be inclined to go for it.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X