Credit Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score

Hello, I am halfway through my 5 year 100% CH13 payback plan. We have been with only one vehicle for the past few years due to my job (air travel), and now I'm having my Attorney forward the forms to get permission to apply for auto loan on a second vehicle. My question is, while I understand that Credit Karma is never very accurate, my two scores in CK are 733 & 702. Can that be right or am I in for a huge surprise when the auto dealership pulls my credit?? I wasn't sure if being in CH13, 100% plan looked better or what. Thanks in advance.

Those are not the scores used by lenders. Most lenders use a version of the FICO score. Some are using FICO 8 Auto Score and some are using the new FICO 9 Auto Score. A FAKO score, as we call them, can be 50-100 points off.

There's no real way to get the auto score unless you a.) purchase them $$ ($55) from MyFico, or b.) you apply and your lender is compelled to provide the score they used. Certain credit cards give free standard FICO scores (not the auto score). Your score can be different between bureaus as well and you won't really know which bureau your creditor uses (know which FICO score they use).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Lawrence21, you might be in for a nasty surprise; I just looked back at my scores before my discharge and see my FAKO (aka. Vantage 3.0) scores ranged anywhere from 30 to 70 points higher than true FICO scores.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

You might be able to "test" your score by finding a lender that does a prequalification, without doing a "hard" pull on your credit report.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Capital One auto loans and Penfed will do a prequal. Penfed also does a prequal for a personal loan which you could use to buy a car. If you are successful, you will find the max amount approved and the interest rate before committing to a hard pull. Penfed won't ask for a letter from your trustee on auto loans, personal loans, or credit cards.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X