HELOC in ch 13 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELOC in ch 13 question

Will our HELOC payment be part of our ch 13 payment or paid outside the plan? Thanks

That's more of a question for your attorney; for some plans, yes, for other plans, no.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

In Florida, the court would allow direct payment ("outside" the plan) if you are current and don't owe any arrears on the loan. As shipo wrote, it would depend on your specific situation.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

In Ohio I was able to pay the mortgage, the HELOC and the car payments outside of the plan.
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by OceanDreams View Post
          Will our HELOC payment be part of our ch 13 payment or paid outside the plan? Thanks
          If your payments are current, you will pay directly to the lender. If they are in default, you will have conduit payments (paid by tendering payments to the Trustee who will forward them to the lender).

Des.

Comment

My lawyer said I will be paying outside as it is current. thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X