Done, Stick a fork in me I am done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done, Stick a fork in me I am done!

Discharged after 5 long years in January, just got closed on Thursday. Actually 5 years seemed to go by pretty quickly. We paid every month on time, and never had an issue, never heard from Trustee, never had to produce any anything once we were confirmed. Just monthly payments and tax refund. We were NOT 100% by far! Our Attorney retired 3.5 years into it and the one that bought the practice SUCKED and we thought we would have problems..but somehow made it through even with him. To those in this journey, HANG IN THERE..you CAN and WILL come out on the other side!

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that your Salmon run is complete! Go forth and enjoy your fresh start!

(I can't believe it's been five years. Time is certainly moving quicker than anticipated.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I love all of these Chapter 13 success stories; congratulations!
      Latent car nut.

Comment

Alright, glad you made it through! And now, it's Miller Time! LOL Congratulations !

Comment

Congrats!
          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Congratulations! That's awesome. You give me hope about the attorney. I'm less than thrilled with mine especially after paying almost $4000.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimbergrl View Post
              Congratulations! That's awesome. You give me hope about the attorney. I'm less than thrilled with mine especially after paying almost $4000.
              This is why we strongly recommend interviewing four or five attorneys; I interviewed three before I found the one I used, those first three left me luke-warm, the fourth hit the ball out of the park and I was happy to pay her $5,500. In the end the money I paid her was saved many times over once the discharge came through.
              Latent car nut.

Comment

In my area, the no-look fee for a Chapter 13 is $5,000. Up to $50 per month following confirmation. Up to $1,800 for mortgage modification and mediation (up to $2,500 for complex cases). And up to $1,500 for Student Loan Modification, and an additional $250/year for yearly certification to the Department of Education. Technically you could exceed any of these on request and motion from the court for really complex cases (e.g., adversary proceedings).

You could be looking at $5,000 + $2,400 + $2,500 + $1,500 = $11,400 for a Chapter 13 if you needed all of those services. I don't know anyone that has paid that much. Typically it's about $2,500-$3,000 up front and the rest paid through the plan as an administrative (priority) debt.

** No-look is the "presumptively" reasonable fee in Florida.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X