Waiting for Discharge - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for Discharge - Question

How soon after the trustee files this: Notice to Debtor(s) and Creditors Concerning Issuance of Chapter 13 Discharge does discharge usually happen? I know the letter says they have 21 days... so would it be fair to say that 21 days from now we will have our discharge?

It will happen on day 22 or shortly thereafter, unless a creditor objects to discharge. The court will enter the discharge with all due haste after the 21 days.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If I recall correctly, mine took closer to 30 days, but this was back at the very beginning of the COVID thing, so lots of stuff got delayed.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

Good thing is: you're done!

Comment

So, is that the final thing that needs to happen now? Just wait out the time period and then the discharge?

Comment

For the discharge you need that, the certificate of completion of the financial management course, and the affidavit of no domestic support obligations (or not in default). Then the court can enter the Order of Discharge. Then the Trustee will do their work, file their final report, and then the case will close. Closing generally takes another 30-60 days.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X