a bit short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bit short

I am on my last month (month 60) of bankrupcy chapt 13. I have hit some rough times, and believe I will be about 2k short. What will happen to me if I am not able to pay everything?

Seriously, in your last month. Beg and borrow the money. Last thing you want is to have your case dismissed in the last month.

The only other option would be to request a discharge and prove some sort of hardship or changed circumstances. You would want to get that motion filed ASAP.

Comment

Indeed, beg, borrow (steal?).

You are SOOO close. Surely there is a way, even if it means fire-saling some of your stuff. So close, I would do nearly anything, short of prostituting my kid out.

Hope you get it worked out, and good luck.
      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by kalypso418 View Post
        I am on my last month (month 60) of bankrupcy chapt 13. I have hit some rough times, and believe I will be about 2k short. What will happen to me if I am not able to pay everything?
        PLEASE CALL YOUR LAWYER IMMEDIATELY IN THE MORNING to let him/her know about this. If your lawyer notifies your trustee you are having temporary financial difficulties, you may be able to get this month's payment pushed a month so you can catch up.

As HHM said, you don't want to fall short in your very last month and lose five years of hard work and doing without. Get going!!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Yes, please don't fall 2 feet from the finish line!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by kalypso418 View Post
            The last thing you want to occur here is not to make that last payment or not contact your attorney about this situation. As instructed by all the others, today is Monday so get your attorney on the phone before you do anything else today and inform your attorney TOTALLY of your situation. Right now that is the only person who can help you out as he/she knows your plan and financial situation. If you sit back and do nothing it can all go down the tubes.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X