Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documents abd Records for a Chapter 13

Hi All,
    Early Oct. I saw my attorney with my completed packet, thinking I was filing a chapter 7 BK.
    In the course of that meeting it was determined that we may be better off filing for a chapter 13.
    I have completed a new updated packet, but there is a section that ask us to bring copies 2007 and 2008 fed tax returns for chapter 7, but the years for chapter 13 was inadvertantly left blank.
    I am supposed to turn in all my documents on Monday. Can anyone tell me if any additional years tax returns are usually required for a chapter 13, so I can have copies available.
    Thanks for any help.
    Egrain

Yes, My lawyer needed the last three year tax returns. Good luck...

Comment

I am in Missouri and my lawyer wanted the past 4 years.

Comment

I had to bring in 4 years of returns
        Filed 11-19-09
        341 12-30-09
        8 payments down 52 to go

Comment

I had to bring the last 3 or 4 years....I can't remember for sure though!

Comment

Originally posted by Egrain View Post
            I am supposed to turn in all my documents on Monday. Can anyone tell me if any additional years tax returns are usually required for a chapter 13, so I can have copies available.
            According to the US Courts website, "The debtor must provide the chapter 13 case trustee with a copy of the tax return or transcripts for the most recent tax year as well as tax returns filed during the case (including tax returns for prior years that had not been filed when the case began)." (from http://www.uscourts.gov/bankruptcyco...chapter13.html) So technically the law requires one year of returns for the year before you filed. However, some 13 trustees will ask for additional returns - ours wanted two prior to filing. This is somewhat dependent on your local trustee's practices.

Also many Ch 13 lawyers want to see 1-3 additional years of tax returns before filing just to be sure there's no hint of trouble when filing happens.

You'll need to ask your lawyer if additional tax returns may be required or not. Hopefully you have kept your own copies that can be produced quickly if this proves necessary.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget