top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone from mtg co.taking pics of my house today !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone from mtg co.taking pics of my house today !!!!

OK... so everything seems to be going pretty smoothly with my Chapter 13. Except for these 2 things . .

1) Mortgage Company sent someone to my 341 to tell them I am up to date on pmts and pls change pmt amount by $ .05 on my petition. Somehow the attorney's office left a nickel off of my mthly pmts. So I got an amended plan last week and wa la .... The attorney DID NOT change the pmt amount by the nickel that was discussed in my 341 in front of the trustee's assistant. Oh and my helco needs changed by $ .47 which was never brought up but needs changed also. So does this mean we have to again file another amended plan with these changes and can the attorney charge me for having to do this when it was there fault to begin with ????

2) Go outside today to shovel the snow off my sidewalk (I hate winter) and there is a guy taking pictures of my house. He says : R U so and so and I state yes... HE says I am with blah blah mortgage company and they sent me out to take pics of your house My heart starting racing so fast that I had to go back in the house and take a couple deep breaths. I have no intention of giving up my house and am current ... Does anyone have any ideas why they would do this ???? The trustee is making both my hse pmt & helco pmt.

Called Attorneys office. On vacation till next week...great !!!!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated before I have a stroke
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Who is your mtg with? They might be trying to get something together to offer you a modification.

I would not worry.
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Its with GMAC....
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

GMAC has made a big increase in modification rates so that COULD be what they are up to.

It COULD be a good thing!!
        Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
        Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
        Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
        341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

This is just weird because I think I have around 12 yrs left on a 20 yr mortage at 5.75% interest. At the 341 the mortgage company rep did ask if my house was kept in good shape and if it needed any major repairs... I have put alot of money into my house since I bought it in 2000. I installed new windows,siding, insulation, carpet, AC, ect. which was the reason for the heloc...
          Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Many years ago (back in the day) I owned a house and the mortgage company did that (came out and took pictures). Very shortly after that the mortgage company went out of business. Maybe yours is doing it so in preparation of sending their real estate portfolio - - elsewhere. Also it is my understanding that mortgages sometimes get routinely brokered, and they could be about to sell yours to somebody else. Unless things have really changed and that doesn't go on anymore...

Try not worry! Breathe!

Comment

Let your lawyer know that the mortgage company sent someone to take photos of the house. And while you have him/her on the phone, ask why the modification of the price that the mortgage company specifically requested wasn't done. (Frankly, IMHO a mortgage lender asking for a $0.05 adjustment is beyond ridiculous.)
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Maybe thats it ... This is the 3rd mortgage company I have had since obtaining it in 2000. They keep selling it off to someone else...
                Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Hmm...I have a 2nd mortgage with GMAC. I will have to keep you posted if they start taking pictures at my house. Keep us posted on what your attorney says!

Comment

They might have been out to take pictures of your house in those instances too and you just didn't see them. When it happened to me, I called my mtg company and asked them what was up and they said they were just doing a "routine update" to the collateral file. She told me they take pictures routinely just to make sure the collateral hadn't you know -- burnt to the ground or something. It could very well be that the person I spoke to didn't know they were about to go under, but I had no reason to doubt what she said was true, and maybe that is all it was, and the timing of them going under was coincidental.

Oh and the nickel discrepancy correction... well... that would be to keep the beancounters happy when they are trying to reconcile things. If they had a million mortgages that were reporting a nickel off, you can see the havoc that might play eventually.

Comment

Yes I figured it out to to 5 X 12= 60 cents a year X 5 = $ 3.00 by the end of my plan
                      and the helco @ .47 X 12 = $ 5.64 X 5= $ 18.20 so in the end I would be off by $21.20..
                      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

GMAC, has come and taken pictures of my home, but I was behind, and from what I understand they just want to make sure you are still living in the property, even though you are current, they may have just wanted to make sure you were still living there, because of the bankrupcty!

Comment

These are standard measures for the mortgagee to document the home in a particular state. At my 341 Meeting, there was a credit union rep there that asked people in "her" cases, if the car was used to come to the meeting, and whether they could go take pictures of it.
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks guys for the reassurance I needed. It just freaked me out. My attorney or the mortgage company has said nothing about reaffirming and I planned on just riding it out. I guess there are people who just walk away without letting them know.
                            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

I'm riding through with GMAC, and I'm also in PA, though I haven't had my 341 yet. I haven't seen anyone at the house, but then again, I'm hardly ever home due to work.
                              Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
                              341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
                              $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X