Thar she blows...the great white whale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thar she blows...the great white whale

Well, it has been a rather bumpy ride in the last 24 hours, with a little credit card fraud tossed in for excitement...(such a pity, poor Pat in Wisconsin is not going to be getting the Xbox game he ordered with my check card...chuckles). I had filed the DSO certification forms with the court on monday, and when I checked PACER, they had the docket text wrong, saying it was the Financial Counseling filing. After a couple bouncing emails, and a call to the Clerk's Office to explain/show them what was wrong, they corrected the error..

and...

Discharged!!!!

Doing this pro se is not the easiest thing on the planet, but damn, it feels good to have completed this entire oddessy!!!! Now, where is that bottle of cask-strength Macallan I have been saving...

John
    Filed Chapter 13 pro se: 9/30/2008, 341 Meeting: 11/15/2008, Plan Approved: 1/6/2009, 100% of all claims paid: 10/19/2010. Trustee closed case: 11/5/10 DISCHARGED: 11/18/10

I hope you exempted that bottle!

Congratulations!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LOL! Congratulations!
      Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
      Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

LOL & Congratulations!
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have another soul that made it, AND did it pro se!! Here you go:

....just watch your feet and that bottle....
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

well done!!
            Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Congratulations!! Love to hear these completion stories! I am sure the holidays will be extra special for you this year!

Comment

We love to celebrate each time a Ch 13 filer makes it successfully to the finish line - fantastic news, jcj!! Time for another.....Chapter 13 Discharge Party!!

Congratulations!!
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks you thank you one and all...and that bottle of Macallan cask strength mentioned above is now lovingly emptied, and put on the shelf..and yes, it is a party when you finish this thing. I had to laugh when I got the mail yesterday, though...my discharge has not arrived in my mailbox from the court yet, but 3, count them, 3 little "Congratulations on your discharge....can we finance a car for you?" offers showed up. Can you say vultures? Anyway, now off to do a bit of repair on the credit reports, not worried so much about the scores, etc...it just pains me when things are not reported precisely as they ought to be.

John
                  Filed Chapter 13 pro se: 9/30/2008, 341 Meeting: 11/15/2008, Plan Approved: 1/6/2009, 100% of all claims paid: 10/19/2010. Trustee closed case: 11/5/10 DISCHARGED: 11/18/10

Comment

A pro se Chapter 13 Discharge is worth screaming from the rafters...

Congratulations!
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X