Finally - after 65 months - order to stop wage deduction received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally - after 65 months - order to stop wage deduction received

Whew! It's been 65 months since filing our Chapter 13 plan, 64 months of payments, and finally today in the mailbox was the document showing the "stop the wage order" from the court. (Before everyone else freaks out about the 64 months, we are in Michigan and the courts here start counting the months in the plan post-confirmation)

Also in the envelope was our instructions to begin making the mortgage payment ourselves, and letting us know that the time frame for discharge and closing is estimated at 3 to 5 months. (Thought that tid bit might be helpful for Michigan filers)

Soooooooooooooo close to the finish line (discharge and closing) but the big hurdle is over with: Making the plan payments.

I want to celebrate, but I don't want to spend any money :-) I really want to change my name from newbie2 now that the finish line is here, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that without losing all of the associated posts.
    Last edited by newbie2; 06-02-2011, 09:12 AM. Reason: To add..
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Oh WOW, gigantic congrats to you! What an accomplishment, you must feel a great sense of relief!
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations on something that is not accomplished that often; receiving a discharge under Chapter 13!!!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Congratulations on something that is not accomplished that often; receiving a discharge under Chapter 13!!!
          I agree. Congratulations are in order to you (and Chapter 13 discharges are the exception, not the norm.)
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks so much everyone! Not discharged yet, just the "stop paying" order ,which is an order we'll gladly comply with :-) Discharge estimate is 3-5 months, but those will go by quickly I'm sure (compared to the past 65 months!)
            I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Congrat's newbie2!

Comment

Fantastic news, newbie2! What a fantastic feeling to be done at long last!

Finally it's time for your
                Ch 13 Discharge PARTY!!!

Congrats! Bring on the balloons and confetti!!
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thank you so much lrprn, not officially discharged yet, but oooooooooooooh so close. We can finally stop paying now! The order to stop payments is what came in the mail :-)

Looks like YOU are very close also!

Comment

GREAT news newbie!!!!!!!!!! must have been a LONG brave haul!!

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations, and when you get the official notice of Discharge, your hamster troupe will be ready!
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats newbie2!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X