Discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!

Logged into Pacer this morning and saw that I was discharged. Its been a long five years but I made it... Big Thanks to everyone on this forum their sharing their stories and advice..

A bit of history on my CH13 journey: Sept 2007 contacted one of those large Bankruptcy firms that advertises on TV and scheduled a meeting in Sept 2007 and after reviewing my numbers I was told I should have no problems filing CH7. Fast forward to Dec 2007- I was sued by Citifinancial and the first court hearing was scheduled for Jan 2008. After paying all the lawyers fees and anticipating my case being filed- I was told my --- law firm that after running the $$$- that I made too much money to file a CH7 and that I would need to file a CH13. Attorney came up with a monthly payment amount to the trustee that was extremely high. I ran my own numbers and came up with disposable income that was about $600 a month less than the attorney had come up with. I ended up up having to travel to the headquarters of the law firm to sit with them to review the $$ and they realized they had made a mistake with the $$.. My CH13 was filed (with the updated $$) before the court hearing for the lawsuit..

Filed on 1/25/2008
    341 meeting: 2/28/2008
    Confirmed on 3/26/2008.
    Made last payment on 1/15/2013
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 03-07-2013, 07:27 PM.

Congratulations!!!! What a wonderful feeling it must to be done! Enjoy your new freedom.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Wonderful news, Enjoy
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats to you! We still have 25 months to go and I'm looking forward to it! Enjoy your freedom.
          Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
          Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Bravo!!!! Congrats, i am sure you sacrificed a lot but you made it!!! Great job! I have just made my 5th payment!!! Looooonng way to go!
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congrats! I am making my last payment in 3 weeks. YIPPEEEE!!!!

Comment

Happy Fresh Start to you!!!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Yea!!! We have a Chapter 13 DISCHARGE PARTY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Here is to your New Start:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Wow! Congrat. I hope to make my last payment of my 5yr chp. 13 plan in 6weeks. Yeah! many of us are making it thru chp. 13, but, one thing we should not forget is the lesson that we learned - live within our means and don't get in debt again. The headache of dealing with chp. 13 for 60mos. is grueling to say the least.
                    Once again, congratulation and enjoy the your new beginning.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X