Status Conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Conference?

The original judge in our Ch 13 case retired and the new judge ordered a status conference. The notice was actually an official court order and came in the mail. Anyone have any experience with this kind of check up? Things have been tough but we are fine on our payments for everything. It does state that either the debtors or their representative must attend.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

I don't know and this is just a pure guess on my part since he is a new judge maybe he's meeting with all the old judges clients to let them know what he expects and gets to meet you. This is just a pure guess on my part like I said.

Pam

Comment

Pamkev's guess is a very good one. This is exactly what is happening. It is not a big deal, and nothing going to happen in your case. I don't remember if you have an attorney or not, but if you do, I suggest that you both go, so that you can meet the new judge in your case and be able to put a face to the signature that will appear on court orders.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

We never personally met our judge. No reference has ever been made to him in our case except for his name on the court papers and records. I kind of like it that way. One less official to worry about.
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

I'm with you on this Andy, and thanks Pam and Ange. Not that I am hiding anything. I just don't want him/her to go digging. We went through that in the beginning and that was enough. We are a little over halfway through and am hoping for an early end.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Do you guys think I could make requests at this meeting? Like to keep tax refunds or take on a small car payment?

My 12 year old car is giving me fits. I should have bought one in the beginning, but it was running good upon filing.

Comment

I was also thinking of using the two Florida cases where a lien strip was allowed in ch 7 cases. I would love to switch to a 7 and be done, but of course I would still owe arrears on the house and some taxes.

Well, I just talked myself out of that one as I would have to come up with about $8K.

Comment

My guess is that you won't have to go to the status hearing. It will probably just be your attorney and the trustee.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks Red. We will contact the attorney on Monday to determine what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                    Do you guys think I could make requests at this meeting? Like to keep tax refunds or take on a small car payment?
                    No, you would not have an opportunity--at least that was the case at our Status Meeting. Make any requests to the trustee through your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                      No, you would not have an opportunity--at least that was the case at our Status Meeting. Make any requests to the trustee through your attorney.
                      Thanks.

So this is probably more of a review of payment history? I have struggled to make my mortgage on time and paid after the first here and there, but not seriously late.

Comment

This is a matter of:

"Your Honor, here is the case of Mr/Ms Spidge. It is a Chapter 13. Here is the confirmed plan. XX number of payments are to be made; X number of payments have been made so far. There are no issues in this case so far."

At least that is what I expect that it will be: something along those lines. Our Status Conference was in regard to an Adversary Proceeding, and a date for trial was set at ours.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                          Our Status Conference was in regard to an Adversary Proceeding, and a date for trial was set at ours.
                          This statement raises some doubt that this is for nothing but to confirm that things should continue as is. Did you have prior knowledge of an Advisory Proceeding? I don't.

Comment

I guess I shouldn't have mentioned the AP, as that only confused you. Ignore the comment about the Adversary Proceeding. That is only regarding OUR case, NOT yours. I tend to teach by citing examples, in this case, our experience with a Status Conference.

A Status Conference is only that, a conference to establish what the status of your case is, and introduce you and your case to the new Judge.
                            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-29-2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

So did you have prior knowledge of the AP going into your Status Conference?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X