Purchase a new iphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
    I was just reading an article about how Apple has started repairing iPhone glass in store. The article also mentioned this place, that replaces iPhone glass/LED. This link is for iPhone 4:

http://www.quickifix.com/iPhone-4-GS...pair_p_17.html
    Well I got an iPhone 5 today at Best Buy. I got a really awesome deal. I purchased an open box iPhone 5 16G for $150 and they gave me, can't believe it, $110 for my old iPhone 4. So I only paid about $40 plus tax. I also upgraded from my old account so I didn't have to get a new one. My service stays the same so I'm paying the same monthly rate.

Comment

That's great! I'm so glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Lucky dog!

Rub,rub. I need some luck.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by Christine88 View Post
          Well I got an iPhone 5 today at Best Buy. I got a really awesome deal. I purchased an open box iPhone 5 16G for $150 and they gave me, can't believe it, $110 for my old iPhone 4. So I only paid about $40 plus tax. I also upgraded from my old account so I didn't have to get a new one. My service stays the same so I'm paying the same monthly rate.
          It sounds like you extended your contract. You can almost always get a phone for free or close to free if you are willing to enter into a 2 year contract or extend your current contract for 2 years. I've never paid more than $40 for a cell phone. Most I've gotten for free. You usually do have to pay more for an Iphone, so getting that credit for your old phone is great! They'll probably refurbish and resell it.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Both of our Verizon phones are out of service now because we do not have the funds to re-up them, which is fine. When I get paid on the last day of the month, and 'Hub gets paid on the first, I will re-up them for a larger amount and see how that goes.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

we got my iPhone 5 for nothing when it was time for my upgrade. i like the droid better and if this goes i'm going back to the old phone. we don't need all that fancy stuff. although, i understand many people use them as their life line to everything. but, the basic phone gets the same job done for less.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                but, the basic phone gets the same job done for less.
                So True. In fact, a basic phone often gets the job done better. My husband and I bought Android phones a year ago when his flip phone died and it was going to cost us more to buy a flip phone. Before that, our flip phones had served us well for about 5 years. We love being able to use the smart phone features, especially for navigation. I also like being able to read books on Kindle or browse the net while commuting to work. But, they really make lousy phones! The sound quality is horrible!
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hi Lady: We have the Verizon Gusto 2 flip phones, and other than we ran out of money, we both like the phones. The screens are easy to read when eyesight challenges are present. The sound is also excellent. And since we are in cell-phone limbo it seems, these phones do well with that.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                    It sounds like you extended your contract. You can almost always get a phone for free or close to free if you are willing to enter into a 2 year contract or extend your current contract for 2 years. I've never paid more than $40 for a cell phone. Most I've gotten for free. You usually do have to pay more for an Iphone, so getting that credit for your old phone is great! They'll probably refurbish and resell it.
                    Basically I just renewed the 2 year contract on the same account which had expired over a year ago. I love my new iPhone 5. I went to the book store the other day to get an iPhone 5 magazine and it was like $19? Since when does a magazine cost $19? I had to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                      Hi Lady: We have the Verizon Gusto 2 flip phones, and other than we ran out of money, we both like the phones. The screens are easy to read when eyesight challenges are present. The sound is also excellent. And since we are in cell-phone limbo it seems, these phones do well with that.
                      Thanks for the recommendation! Verizon's coverage in other provider's cell-phone limbo is why we are with Verizon. At the time we bought the smart phones, there were just no good deals on the flip phones.

The most basic phone was going to cost $150. We had already been tempted to go to smart phones and Verizon was pushing its new 4G phones and service. Now that we are used to our smart phones, I don't think we'll easily part with them, even if they do make lousy phones. We still have a land line and don't really use them as phones very much unless one of us is at the store and needs to find out if we need something in particular.

We go on a lot of road trips and we love being able to find out where the next In-N-Out is, among other things. When our car battery died last week, we were able to watch something on Netflix while we waited for AAA to show up.

But, if we ever have to cut our budget again, the data plan will be among the first things to go! It's definitely a luxury that we wouldn't be able to afford if I was in a district with a more aggressive Chap 13 Trustee who would insist on plan modification every time I got a raise or bonus.
                      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 07-27-2013, 05:10 PM. Reason: make a long post easier to read

Comment

Originally posted by Christine88 View Post
                        Basically I just renewed the 2 year contract on the same account which had expired over a year ago. I love my new iPhone 5. I went to the book store the other day to get an iPhone 5 magazine and it was like $19? Since when does a magazine cost $19? I had to pass.
                        Wow! $19 to buy a magazine that is probably full of advertising. I now read the newspaper on my phone using the Kindle app. It's a lot cheaper than a physical paper and is easier to read on my commute.

Comment

We got these two Gusto 2 flip phones at a Family Dollar store.

If you can time it right, the phone will be on sale for $15.00. Or it can be on sale for $20.00 with a $10.00 Family Dollar coupon. Otherwise it is $20.00, period. They come with $10.00 free airtime. We are trying to do the 'pay as you go' for $1.99 per day. However, if you don't use the phone on a given day, you are not charged.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X