End in sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End in sight

Spoke with the trustee's office today and it looks like November will be the last payment. Notices will then be sent out to creditors, in which they have 21 days to respond, and then 30 to 90 days to official discharge. Will give full details when all is completed and official.

For those of you that have filed in the Middle District of NC with the Chapter 13 office out of Durham, I hope that you have had the same fortune to have a trustee that has been completely hands off throughout the entire plan. Other than regular statements they have requested nil during the last 5 years. I must say that after hearing some of the horror stories posted we have been most fortunate that our plan has allowed savings and has not been a burden financially. Granted, our lifestyle went thru some drastic changes but it has been all for the good. It has been a valuable learning experience that, even though at times stressful (that's life for us all), has opened our eyes to living within our means. Being able to buy what we can afford and not necessarily what we desire, with credit, has actually been quite liberating. Makes one appreciate it that much more.

Thanks to all on this forum that have provided information and inspiration that have made these past 5 years a much easier go.
    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

How exciting!!! Congratulations...Happy countdown!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats, and hope you have clear sailing through to discharge.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congrats!!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I completely agree. We had the same trustee as you did and I can't say enough good things about him and his staff. We made our last payment and discharged in Aug 2012. A month later we even got a check for about $100 for overpayment.

During our plan we were both able to change jobs, increase our salaries substantially and get tax refunds without being penalized.

Comment

so good to hear!!! and best of luck to you great it's over just in time for the holidays!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations! Glad you had a smooth Chap 13! Another BKforum member defying the statistics!
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I love good news!

Comment

Congratulations!

I don't know if we have the same Trustee as yours, as we are in E. NC. We have 21 more months to go in our 13 and so far have had the same experience as you have without any incidents. I am looking forward to be writing the same thing down the road.

Good luck to all of your future endeavors. sammie
                  Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BNKRPTinNC View Post
                    I hope that you have had the same fortune to have a trustee that has been completely hands off throughout the entire plan. Other than regular statements they have requested nil during the last 5 years. I must say that after hearing some of the horror stories posted we have been most fortunate that our plan has allowed savings and has not been a burden financially. Granted, our lifestyle went thru some drastic changes but it has been all for the good. It has been a valuable learning experience that, even though at times stressful (that's life for us all), has opened our eyes to living within our means. Being able to buy what we can afford and not necessarily what we desire, with credit, has actually been quite liberating. Makes one appreciate it that much more.
                    Your explanation is spot on with our situation. We have had the good fortune of a "hands off" trustee also. It has made this whole thing bearable and affordable. Congratulations on your completion! Can't wait to do the hamster dance next year!
                    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Ours was in the Western Court of Missouri. Our trustee was very hands off. Never asked for tax refunds or questioned anything. We made sure if something out of the ordinary came up, we contacted our attorney. She was always upfront with the trustee's office. Our 13 finished in August. Got the last accounting the other day with the trustee stating everything is complete and requesting he be discharged from our case as their is nothing left for him to do. According to our attorney today it should be a matter of a few days everything will be closed and complete.

Comment

Congrats plum!!

Comment

Update

Received a letter (12-7) from the trustee stating that there was a balance and that if the audit determined additional funds were needed I would be notified in the next 60 to 90 days with a p.s. of I would have to start making mortgage payments directly to the lender beginning in February. I had checked the status on 13datacenter and it showed "z-pending close". It also indicated there were funds left over after, I thought, the final 60 month payment was made. What I am assuming, as the math is pretty close, is they are taking those funds plus the additional payment and paying the mortgage for January. OK by me as the balance was a few hundred bucks instead of the usual $2k each month. Anyway, will anxiously await final disposition. A welcome end to the year and the start of the new year, completely debt free except for the mortgage.

What a difference this Xmas is going to be compared to the one in 2008 when we filed.
                          Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

What a difference this Xmas is going to be compared to the one in 2008 when we filed.

I can only imagine! Did it seem like the time went slow or fast?

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post

I can only imagine! Did it seem like the time went slow or fast?
                              Looking back it's easy to say "fast" but 5 years is what it is. I think that it really depends on how much of a burden that the actual plan puts on you and what life throws at you during the interim. For us, our 13 allowed some savings that we were able to maintain and build plus the good fortune of not having anything financially major happen that we could not cover. The first year was the hardest as, like most, we started with what money we had in our pockets and the next paycheck. The right plan and a hands-off trustee is attributable to our success.
                              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X