One down, fifty-nine to go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One down, fifty-nine to go.

We just made that first payment (had the BK court hearing) and am ready to kick chapter 13's backside. Our attorney wrote up a very workable plan, our tax return was exempted which gives us a very nice emergency fund which we haven't had in years. We foreclosed on our house, the second (home equity loan) came at us hard which is why we are on the 13 plan. I love being able to answer the phone now (no more creditors) and feel a huge weight has been lifted. I know there will be bumps in the road but I'm sure we can make it. We were able to put some money in the savings at the end of the month, can't remember the last time that happened. Luckily our 3 kids are still young (6, 5 and 3) so kid expenses and grocery bills are low. Good luck to all that have just started and I can't wait to post when my last payment has been made.

Congratulations on your 1st step towards financial freedom!! 5 years is a long time, so plan and save for those emergencies and it will fly by.
    Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Yes you are very lucky the kids are young! Great timing!! Good luck ! Xoxo
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

We're just one payment in as well! May the next 59 months be good to us all...
        Chapter 13 - May 2014
        Broke but not broken...

Comment

Will be making payment number 36 at the end of the month.
          Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Congrats as well. I'm making payment #7 today. It's been one of the best decisions I've ever made. What a relief to not have to worry about the phone ringing, the mailman coming and worst of all, a bank levy/wage garnishment. I just make my plan payment every month and keep counting down the months

Comment

Congrats to those of you just starting your way to financial freedom. Plan for those bumps in the road cause they will certainly show up. You will all do fine and the time will fly by.

Comment

Originally posted by sandlunatic View Post
                We just made that first payment (had the BK court hearing) and am ready to kick chapter 13's backside. Our attorney wrote up a very workable plan, our tax return was exempted which gives us a very nice emergency fund which we haven't had in years. We foreclosed on our house, the second (home equity loan) came at us hard which is why we are on the 13 plan. I love being able to answer the phone now (no more creditors) and feel a huge weight has been lifted. I know there will be bumps in the road but I'm sure we can make it. We were able to put some money in the savings at the end of the month, can't remember the last time that happened. Luckily our 3 kids are still young (6, 5 and 3) so kid expenses and grocery bills are low. Good luck to all that have just started and I can't wait to post when my last payment has been made.
                Welcome to Bkforum. I love your attitude. I know you will kick Chap 13's back side!
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I make my first payment this month too. I'm already feeling very relieved.

Comment

Originally posted by moneyprobs View Post
                    I make my first payment this month too. I'm already feeling very relieved.
                    Paid #21, we are not counting though right? Xoxo
                    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                      Paid #21, we are not counting though right? Xoxo
                      I'm counting!! Ready to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandlunatic. Sounds great and I do hope you have a three year plan as apposed to the five year. I am going bonkers but it does not help that I have been off work and on workers comp for 8 months now. Too much time on my hands to look for solutions and missing out on opportunities.

I agree that the kids are a good age as mine are young adults and my hands are tied in my ability to help them much. Downright depressing and upsetting. I will make up for it, and am thankful for such understanding kids. I have big goals to help the kids, and hope it shows them how patience pays off.

Be sure to keep adding to retirement and funds for the kids to make it easier to stay motivated. There has to be a personal payoff outside of avoiding the debts.
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X