Saving Ch13 and delinquent mortgage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good, spidge!!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Made two more trustee payments today to bring us current.

Working on the mortgage arrears that are outside the plan.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

good to hear spidge!!
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

You are almost there!!!! Pulling for you!!!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Great job, Spidge!
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Go Spidge!!! Go Spidge!!!! Sounds like you're back in control!! Way to go!
              Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                Go Spidge!!! Go Spidge!!!! Sounds like you're back in control!! Way to go!
                Close, but not until I have the mortgage paid on a regular basis again. I also have to get the new arrears outside the plan corrected.

Thanks to all who take a look and give encouragement.
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Dang it!!!! Audits are back!!!!! Ask me how I know!!!!!!!!

@%&#!*!!!!!

Oh well. I have nothing to hide, but it still makes me a bit nervous.

Does anyone know if the auditor looks at the mortgage payments that are paid outside the BK13 plan? If so could they trigger more frustration before the lender and I strike a deal?

Maybe some good can come of it. With another payment and a half we will satisfy the percentage payoff, but not the plan base. Why the difference? I don't know.

Comment

Whew

Thank goodness it was not an actual audit but rather an inter-office trustee audit that is done and the breakdown sent out to the debtor. 13Network had my status back to active a short time ago today, but NDC has not updated yet. I have noticed NDC seems to update over night so will expect it to be updated tomorrow.

Also, my lenders loss mitigation department is sending out info to help me bring the mortgage current. They stated we should be able to modify and that completing the steps will not put the ch13 at risk. Yea!!!!! Waiting for packet currently. A modification sure would be nice as I do not work nearly as many hours as I did in 2012. 2013 is a wash and I was on Workers Comp so cannot use that year for any comparisons.

It looks like the extra fees to do the AP for the lien strip will have to be paid outside the BK13, but once it is done I won't need the lender on the second to do anything as I will be able to record it myself with an order from the court. So even though expensive($2k) it will give me some peace of mind when complete.

Still feels like baby steps, but getting there.

Comment

spidge, I'm so happy to read the latest news. I was concerned about a completely random audit because that would be concerning for any Chapter 13 debtor. I hope all else is working for you and that you make it through this next year without any more fanfare!
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Sending modification docs tomorrow. I know they will need more than this packet requested but I will be ready.

10 payments to go and chomping at the bit.

Comment

Hi spidge, glad to hear about your progress!! We received a mod during our 13 and are now delinquent on our mortgage with only about 6 more plan payments. Does anyone know if the delinquency can come up on the audit and hurt our discharge?

Comment

Originally posted by mylife View Post
                            Hi spidge, glad to hear about your progress!! We received a mod during our 13 and are now delinquent on our mortgage with only about 6 more plan payments. Does anyone know if the delinquency can come up on the audit and hurt our discharge?
                            The mortgage company will likely bring in up when they have their chance to raise a concern during the closing process. My district has started utilizing a form that states not only the fact the number of payments were made but actually breaks down each one to reveal when they were made.

How behind are you? Have you called your lenders BK department to ask for a solution? A call to your attorney may help too. If less than 30 days I would not be overly concerned, but bring it current before your last BK payment. No worries that way.

Comment

Hi Spidge, that really concerns me as we've not paid our mortgage in about 6 months because the payment is unaffordable. In addition, we are not in a position where we are saving anything. We applied for another mod and was told our income was sufficient regardless of our expenses, considering submitting the paperwork again to see what happens. The only thing they offered was a payment plan which added $500 to our regular payment. Our house was on the market for a short sale but we took it off because the offer was too low and we wanted to wait until discharged.

Comment

Mylife, I am sorry for your situation. If it has been a while I would try again. Rates are down and the timing might be ideal, but remember the offer would be based on your qualifying. In the letter and loss mitigation paperwork they stated that they would use the income and expense schedules originally filed in my ch13. They did also offer paperwork for me to share if my situation had changed. I went ahead and filled it out as I do not remember what figures were used and could not find anything here at home.

It seems like the bank is looking to do a total refi as they have checked my credit. Maybe they just want to make sure I did not obtain any new credit while in the 13 giving them cause to seek a relief from stay. No new credit here but I did have a mistaken medical bill go to collections.

By the way, if you have not checked your credit lately you might want to. It looks like rules have changed and our credit jumped 65 points recently.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X