top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you increase plan payment to make up missed payments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you increase plan payment to make up missed payments?

Ive got gotten behind on my plan payments. missed 3 payments, and want to know if i can increase my plan payment to make up those payments? i have steady income, the problem was i had to move and also pay on some doctor visit bills that occured after my plan was confirmed.

Hi Moorman,

Contact your attorney ASAP..he/she can hopefully work with your trustee to put a repayment schedule in place. I wouldn't put off making that call..you don't want your case dismissed for non-payment. Always contact you attorney when you have a problem like this (when it happens, not 3 months later)...they can try to work through resolving the situation with you.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by moorman View Post
      Ive got gotten behind on my plan payments. missed 3 payments, and want to know if i can increase my plan payment to make up those payments? i have steady income, the problem was i had to move and also pay on some doctor visit bills that occured after my plan was confirmed.
      The only thing I would suggest is talk to lawyer if you have one or your trustee. Don't Assume you will be ok if you don't! Good luck
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
        Always contact you attorney when you have a problem like this (when it happens, not 3 months later)...they can try to work through resolving the situation with you.
        Exactly.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

gonna call my attorney today. if they can increase the payments, ill go that route. if not, gonna just let the case get dismissed and either refile or do a chapter 7 . how long does it take for a case to get dismissed after a trustee files a motion to dismiss a case??

Comment

An unchallenged motion to dismiss could take 14-30 days. Additionally, the Court may impose a period where you may not be able to refile for 180 days. If and when you do refile you may need to also do the so-called "first day" motions to preserve the automatic stay.

Please speak with your attorney on the BEST course of action.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X