No announcement yet.

Silly question - how long does your monthly payment take to arrive to trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly question - how long does your monthly payment take to arrive to trustee

Hi everyone,

I always send my payment via Priority mail so I know the schedule for that (send Friday, arrives Saturday, posts Tuesday). Does anyone send their's regular mail? I live in WA state and the payment goes to Tennessee.
    I'm only asking because my accident attorney's office sent a(n extra) payment on my behalf last Friday and I want to know how long I should wait for it to post (or have to follow up).
    thanks everyone and I hope you're having a good summer day.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

I send my payments by regular mail from San Francisco to TN. It seems to take about 5 days for the payments to post. Sometimes it takes longer, sometimes not quite so long. I suggest checking after 5 days and not getting concerned until 10 days after mailing. Since this is an extra payment and not your monthly payment, I might even wait longer before getting concrned.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks Lady In The Red..I always appreciate your responses.
      Have a good evening!
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Regardless as to the mailing date the online update seems to mostly be on a Wednesday or Thursday in my district. The actual date of receipt seems to be back dated to represent better what day it arrived.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

When I was making payments via certified check, I think it was taking about 4-5 days to post and like you Sophie, I dropped it in the mail (Priority Mail) Friday and Memphis got it on Monday or Tuesday (some of those payments were on holiday weekends like Memorial Day). If I make my future payments via postal money order, I will just do regular mail.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Have a good Thursday!
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

For my September 2014 payment, I did two postal money orders (as you may know, the max MO you can get is 1K and my plan payment is over 1K). I mailed it last Friday 9/26 to Memphis via regular first-class US Mail,one postage stamp and it did not post to NDC until Friday 10/3.

I've done TFS online, bank certified checks...mailed payments priority mail, I still end up with the same result that the payment gets credited to my plan one week after mailing or online submission. One time it may have shown up on NDC five or six days with Priority Mail. There is just no quick way that I can see to plan payments being received and processed.

Comment

I agree Switch. If I did the priority mail, always sent on Friday....arrives on Monday, they procesed it on Tuesday and it posts on Wed or Thurs. The TFS is exactly 1 week - why I don't know. Although the trustee's website says it's their preferred method of payment , it doesn't get treated any different. Scheduled on Friday, arrives to trustee the following Thursday, processed on Friday and posts on Saturday. I think it bothers me because it's a direct deposit to the trustee's account rather than a check, so why doesn't it post sooner. TFS says it should have a posting day of the date the trustee receives it, but that's not he case, it always posts with the day after they receive it. Payments are one of those things that we're just not meant to understand.
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

From my experience payments sent via USPS typically post 3-5 days after arriving at the Trustee's office. However, I've only made my initial payment this way. All of my payments are automatically deducted from my paycheck via a Wage Order. You may want to look into that. Also, these days most trustees have online (E-pay) payment systems where you can do an ACH payment and it will post within 24-48 hours. If your Trustee has e-pay that's definitely the way to go. Easy to track and no chance of it getting lost in the mail.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X