top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else have a payment get lost in the mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else have a payment get lost in the mail?

Has anybody had a payment not reach the Memphis PO Box? This is our 6th payment and I mailed it on October 3rd and it's still not showing in the National Data Center website. We filed on the 22nd so I know our payment needs to be there by 10/22. So far I've just been sending regular snail mail with a USPS money order and the maximum it's only taken about a week to get entered into system. This has me really worried. I went to the Post Office this morning and scraped the funds together for another money order to mail another payment. This time I sent it Priority Mail. I guess I'll do that going forward, just curious if this is a one off thing or common?

All my 53 payments were mailed by regular mail and received by the trustee. There are a couple that took longer to post than others. It could just be that somebody in the trustee's office went on vacation and your payment hasn't been entered in the system yet.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Mine seems to always be entered into the system on a Tuesday, but the date received is usually for the actual day it arrived in the box or the post mark date. If you look at the dates the other payments were received are there any apparent trends?
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I have mine done by ACH withdraw from my bank. I don't have to worry about slow mail. This month however, my payment has not come out of my account. My trustee recently retired and a new trustee has taken his place. I called and the trustee's office said they were having trouble with their bank. I will check again Monday. Only 9 payments left.

Comment

All of my 11 payments have been received by the Trustee, usually a week after I sent them. I've sent via US Mail first class, priority mail, priority mail return receipt (I don't do that anymore), TFS online. I am a tad annoyed that my October disbursement to secured creditors hasn't happened. It may be because my last payment was a few days late.

Comment

I have never had a payment lost but I have had some post really late, mostly due to issues with the NDC and the trustees system. I even contacted them once because it was so late in posting. But I could also see the NDC had not updated. I keep all of my receipts for the money orders until I know they have posted.
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Thanks for the responses. My payment I sent in on October 3rd finally posted on October 16th. The back-up one I sent via Priority Mail posted on October 21. So here's my question. Does the the October 21 payment count for November? Our payment due date is on the 22nd. Not sure what to do here since we now have two payments posted in October.

Comment

Hi..if I was you...I would contact my attorney (if you have one) and explain the situation and let them see if they can show the 2nd payment as November. Or your trustee if you don't have an attorney.
                Good luck..i'm glad your payment showed up.
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by CAJ View Post
                  Thanks for the responses. My payment I sent in on October 3rd finally posted on October 16th. The back-up one I sent via Priority Mail posted on October 21. So here's my question. Does the the October 21 payment count for November? Our payment due date is on the 22nd. Not sure what to do here since we now have two payments posted in October.
                  I agree with sophieanne. Contact your attorney or the trustee if you filed pro-se.

For the info of others in this situation who find this thread: If you are worried that your payment is lost in the mail, contact your attorney before sending an additional payment. If you are pro-se, contact the trustee's office. It takes a while for a case to be dismissed for missing a payment. If you keep in touch with the trustee, he/she will work with you on replacing a lost check. The trustee may not be your friend, but he/she doesn't want your plan to fail.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by CAJ View Post
                    See my post above. I was several days late with mine in September, thinking as long as I get in in before the disbursement date(which falls in early October), I'll have funds disbursed in October. That didn't happen. I sent in my October pmt on Friday 10/24, doing two-day priority mail. Memphis got on Monday (day after my due date) so given what other people have said, it will probably post by Thursday. I'll be watching NDC for when the next disbursement occurs, will it be the September pmt only or both September and October?

FWIWmy trustee takes his percentage at time of payment receipt, not disbursement to creditors. He is the only one paid from my September payment so far.

Comment

Not only did I have one get lost, it was cashed! It took about 4 months before the money order company sent me a new one and I had to jump through sooo many hoops. Thankfully, my trustee was very understanding about us being behind for those months, and very prompt to fill out paperwork saying that he hadn't received or cashed it. Thankfully, he now accepts ACH payments and they just withdraw from my account every month.
                      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

The trustee has always held back one months payment. I always assumed it was in case I didn't get my payment in on time. Not sure if it is that way for anyone else.
                        switch625, the trustee just recently changed when he takes his payment. It used to be at the time of disbursement.
                        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Jange, I did see that change on the trustee site. My first payment post-confirmation was disbursed but not the 2nd, which made think it was late, but I did not know about the hold back.

Comment

I had a payment lost once. As a practical matter (in NJ at least) the trustee doesn't jump ugly with you until you're at least 60 days behind schedule. Then they will threaten to dismiss the case.
                            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

switch625, when I was first confirmed the trust sent out what was multiple months payments since nothing had been paid. All of my payments are going to unsecured except for the balance to the attorney and the trustee paid him in full pretty quick.

I think once the trustee sent out what was equal to 2 months payments and brought my on hand balance to almost zero, but for the past few years, there has always been an extra month in the balance. I guess in January when I'm done he will send out the final 2 months balance together. Mailing payment #58 tomorrow!!!!
                              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X