top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17 months left yet website shows 9 months..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 months left yet website shows 9 months..

I recently logged into the 13network.com trustee website and the "months remaining" indicated I have a 14 months left. I called the trustees office and they said that they would check to see if it were correct. According to my math I should have 17 months left. My 1st payment was 05/2011, in a 60 month plan at 59%. Then I logged on the other day and it now shows 9 "months remaining, which is great for me I guess. So far with my tax returns, which I have returned to the trustee, come out to be about $6k total.

My attorney told me sometimes the trustee office will make mistakes and discharge people ahead of time. Anyone ever have this happen to them?

Well I just did the math and I will have ended up paying my plan way ahead of time, but unfortunately I will most likely have to continue with my payment till the end, unless the trustee over looks that.

Comment

Yes it happened to us. We were in a 36 month plan, due to end August 2015. We received our Discharge 2 weeks ago, November 4th. It does happen & we have the Discharge papers in hand. Good luck to you. sammie
      Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Sammie, according to what you posted in another thread, your plan ended early because most of your unsecured creditors did not file claims. So, once the claims that were filed and approved (i.e. not objected to and found invalid) were paid 100%, your plan was complete.

chp13, if your tax refunds are large enough to pay 100% all approved claims earlier than 60 months, then your plan would end early.

Originally posted by chp13 View Post
        My attorney told me sometimes the trustee office will make mistakes and discharge people ahead of time. Anyone ever have this happen to them?
        There has been at least one Bkforum member who's plan ended early without paying 100% of claims with no good explanation. Even the attorney was surprised and couldn't explain it.

If the trustee says the plan will end early, and there is no good explanation, I sure wouldn't contact the trustee to tell him he is wrong. I also would never contact the trustee's office directly unless my attorney advised me to do so. Just keep making your payments until the trustee or your attorney tells you to stop.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LITR Thank your for correcting my post. I was writing that yes, our plan ended early not reading the OP "ending early due to a mistake". You are correct our creditors (most of them) did not file. sammie
          Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Well according to 13network.com I now have 2 months remaining. So we shall see what happens in March of this year.

Comment

Well I just noticed my case status changed from ACTIVE to ABOUT TO COMPLETE, with one more payment I will have completed the 59% which was my original plan. We shall see what happens now.

Comment

Chap13...that is sooo exciting...i hope everything goes the way it looks What a plesant surprise that will be.
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Hmmm!!! Perhaps we will have a St. Paddy's Day Discharge Party with some of the 'Irish Pub Foods' recipe book I found today?????
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I sure hope my trustee make a mistake! Not counting on it though, just my luck!!! :-))
                    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Well I received a call from my attorneys office yesterday and was advised due to a few creditors not responding 4 years ago, I would be completing my plan 7 months ahead of the planned date. Per my attorney the Chp. 13 trustee office, they agreed to allow me to complete the plan ahead of time. So basically after tomorrow's payment l will have 5 more payments, last one being October 1st and according to them, I already took the necessary class to complete Chapter 13!!! Can't wait!!

Comment

Comment

Very nice. I'm happy to read that they are letting you go early.
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Omg that is the best news you could ever hope to get!!! Lucky lucky!!!!
                            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by chp13 View Post
                              Well I received a call from my attorneys office yesterday and was advised due to a few creditors not responding 4 years ago, I would be completing my plan 7 months ahead of the planned date. Per my attorney the Chp. 13 trustee office, they agreed to allow me to complete the plan ahead of time.
                              I am glad to hear you are really finishing earlier than planned!

Just to clarify, the reason your plan is ending early is that after 7 more payments, you will have paid 100% of all of the claims that were actually filed by creditors, correct? If so, then it wasn't up to your trustee to agree or not agree that your plan would end early. A plan must end once 100% of approved (i.e., filed and not objected to) claims are paid.
                              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X