Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange payment made in 13Network

Hi everyone,

I was looking at the payments that were made for my case in February (which I like o do and there was a strange one I've never seen before. All the payments were made Feb 27th except the last one that
    was dated March 1st. It was made to the trustee (very small amount) and the description was
    Trustee Fee - Initial Conversion. I'm in a 100% chapter 13 plan.

It's got me very nervous. has anyone ever seen it or know what it is?

Thanks!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

You will need to speak with your attorney regarding any special notations on 13 Data Center. We would have no clue as to the status of your case.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks...i was just thinking someone may have seen that notation before.
      According to everything, my status is open....no change...
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I have seen it, but you wouldn't like my answer. Rather than cause unnecessary concern, I ask that you speak with your attorney to make sure that it's just a mislabeling of a Trustee draw from the balance.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi Justbroke,
          I sent my atorney a note, he'll get back to me tomorrow, he's good at respoding. Since I'm not going to sleep now anyhow, could you let me know what I won't like. Thanks and have a good night.
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I have had this twice on my case now. The first time was after I was behind on the payment and just this month now. I don't understand why they did this month like they did, but I will not loose sleep over it as now I am current. Although, with this last payment I have my percentage paid and all my priority paid in full. I am actually in audit again, but the trustee always does this at the end of February.

JB, I appreciate your concern over scaring we who may not know, but it makes it worse in my opinion. I would rather have clear expectations as to what I might be in for. Clear expectations is what got me through this far as I was able to deal with it in a level headed manor.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

If you are current and not behind in payment, or you have not converted to/from another Chapter of bankruptcy, then this entry may just be a miscode. I had seen this marking in 13 Data Center when I converted from Chapter 13 to a Chapter 7. I don't know what it really means, but that was the last time I saw it (5 years ago).

I suggest that no one should loose sleep over the entry either. I realize that I may have just cause some more concern but it's too early to be anxious over the content of the notation; the context is more important. Since I don't know the context -- maybe the case was originally converted from Chapter 7 -- I don't know why the entry was placed in the system.

So, insofar that I made sophieanne more restless, I apologize. It's nothing to loose sleep over. Contact your attorney -- which you did -- and see if they know why that entry is on 13Network.

Comment

Just Broke and Spidge - thank you both for your responses. I really appreciate both of them. I''m just one of those people who worry about any/everything that is out of the norm...i know i shouldn't but I can't help myself. I do appreciate the straightforward response whether it's something I want to hear or not. I totally appreciate all the info that is always provided to all of us and now that I hear what the notation could mean I'm not too concerned (pending confirmation from my attorney). This site and the contributors such as yourself are fantastic. Have a great evening everyone.
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                  Just Broke and Spidge - thank you both for your responses. I really appreciate both of them. I''m just one of those people who worry about any/everything that is out of the norm...i know i shouldn't but I can't help myself. I do appreciate the straightforward response whether it's something I want to hear or not. I totally appreciate all the info that is always provided to all of us and now that I hear what the notation could mean I'm not too concerned (pending confirmation from my attorney). This site and the contributors such as yourself are fantastic. Have a great evening everyone.
                  When I called my attorney on this she happened to be standing next to the receptionist and got on the line to touch base. She explained that it had nothing to do with the fact that I was behind even though that is still what I think. She said every time they create a statement the account goes into audit and most people never notice until they get the statement from the trustee. The last four years I have received a statement around this time so I am thinking she was correct. A simple annual statement.
                  11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Thank you again Spidge. It's good to hear from someone who has seen/experienced the notation. I hope in your case too that everythng is good; I've read how hard you've worked to keep things going. Have a good Monday.
                    Last edited by sophieanne; 03-02-2015, 05:19 AM.
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Just a quick update to Spidge and Justbroke.

My attorney got my note and called the trustee first thing this morning. He called me - there is absolutely nothing wrong with your account. Everything is good.

Just wanted you to both know (not that you could've gone on without knowing ).

I hope everything is good with you Spidge.
                      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thats good to hear Sophieanne!!!!!
                        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

This last month I also had a "trustee plan receipt" in the financial history. It is close to the same as the monthly trustee fee which is not listed, but has me wondering. Time will tell though, and no call form the attorney.

Good to hear all is well Sophieanne.

Comment

I am glad to read this. I don't like random inexplicable messages in PACER or 13 Network or 13 Data Center.

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                              This last month I also had a "trustee plan receipt" in the financial history. It is close to the same as the monthly trustee fee which is not listed, but has me wondering. Time will tell though, and no call form the attorney.
                              Spdge - I now know wat the notation you saw "Trustee plan receipt" is. And I believe it triggered the Conversion note I saw.
                              In 2014 it was decided by the US Trustee program that in 2015 trustees could now take their percentage fee from our payment when the payment comes in instead of waiting till disbursements are made (in my case at the end of the month). That way when we or creditors, etc. are looking at money on hand, that is now what is available to be disbursed for the month. My trustee had a write up on his website so everyone was aware of the change. Since the change went into effect March 1st (for his office, yours might have happened sooner than mine), I was charged the minor conversion fee AND I now see the trustee fee - plan receiipt when the payment posts. I hope I wrote this so it makes sense.
                              Last edited by sophieanne; 03-05-2015, 12:24 AM.
                              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X