Dischargec showed up in pacer today... OMG -so thrilled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dischargec showed up in pacer today... OMG -so thrilled

Its been 5 mths since my last payment (wage garnishment) . Creditors had until last Friday April 10th to object. Came home today , checked pacer and wahla- Voila and everything else. Discharge entered today 4-13-15... I actually have butterflies in my stomach to finally have this completed. Its is a huge sense of accomplishment for me. Starting out I looked at the credit card debt I had accumulated from my divorce, being a single mother , and putting my wants in front of my needs too many times and I was overwhelmed. Depressed and had no idea how I would ever get my financial life back on track and in order... Bankruptcy was not an easy choice . I tried the debt settlement route & gave some company in Texas almost a years worth of payments before I realized what a scam it really was. The sheriff showed up at my door with papers too file a lien on my house. When I called the debt settlement company they told me that was a possibility once I stopped making payments. Lesson learned the hard way. Anyway, that forced me to file and I have never looked back. I have had some really lean times . I have cleaned out every coat pocket and the bottom of every purse I had but I made it work. Today I am so very happy with my decision to file . Its a chance at a fresh start I never thought possible 6yrs ago... I am doing my HAPPY DANCE for sure

P.S. This site was my life line so many times. Especially in the beginning. I would read & read soaking in everything I could about a Chapter 13. There are so many experienced , helpful , members. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart...
    Last edited by klandsb; 04-13-2015, 01:32 PM.
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

May your pockets and purses become heavy with change once again!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you LITR.. You are such an asset to this site. I read your responses to members every single day. They come here broken like I was when I started this journey. Keep up the good work.. New members need moderators like you.. Justbroke helped me in the beginning although he probally doesn't remember but I never forget a helping hand ...
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

klandsb, congratulations!!! so happy for you!
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I am so happy to read this for your success! You sound beyond the moon happy and that makes my day! What are your plans now?

Congrats!!!!!!!!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations...i'm not you.and I have butteriflies in my stomache. Enjoy your new freeedom.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats on a great accomplishment.
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Klandsb,
                Great news! I am glad it was over....I have been watching for you to post your discharge after you stated your timeline recently! I am so impressed that you made it and are done!!!
                Mine can't come soon enough......Oh, I just realized I did not check the mail box today!!!
                Congrats! Best of luck on a fresh start!!!

Comment

Jange,DMC,Sophieanne,Spidge & Suzy. Thanks ! I hope you all feel as ecstatic as I feel today when your time comes. My plan now is too continue on with my cash only life. I do plan on eventually replacing my 11yr old SUV to a newer model. I am just happy it made it thru the bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is one of those things in life that unless you have personally experienced it you have no idea what it feels like and that's what makes this community of people supporting each other so important. I told very few people I filed. Its great to have a place to log into with people in the same situation and share your story.
                  Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Congrats from a fellow PAer. Much success in your debt free life!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!!
                            Filed ch 13 03/2012. Final payment made 03/2015. Discharged 8/04/15!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X