Mulitple Account Numbers in Schedule E/F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mulitple Account Numbers in Schedule E/F

I have a couple creditors (medical) with multiple account numbers (nearly 15 in one case) associated with me. How do I handle that on Schedule E/F? There's only room for one there. Can I just indicate "multiple"?

First, these should go on Schedule F since they should be unsecured nonpriority creditors.

Use one horizontal box for each account number. If you're not sure it's truly a "separate" account, then mark the box "contingent" and "disputed" and in the "Date Claim Incurred" add a note that it is a duplicate and for notification purposes only. I also put $0.00 as the amount. For example if Creditor ABC has two account numbers;

Account No. ######001
    ABC, Inc.

Account No. ######002
    ABC, Inc.

Account No. ######997
    DEF, Inc.

If the addresses are the same for all of the varied creditor account numbers, you can just add that creditor ONCE to the mailing matrix. If the addresses are different then this is another reason to list them separately on Schedule F.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm using the new forms- they don't seem to allow for multiple numbers under one listing (just room for the last four digits of one number). They're all from the same creditor (hospital) for separate stays and all have the same address. There are also multiple dates and even ranges of dates. To handle the date portion of it, I typed "2011-2016". Do you think I should list each separately? As I'm asking I'm thinking yes but holy cow, this will be long!

Comment

As I wrote, use one line ("horizontal" box) for each as if they are different creditors. There is nothing wrong with doing that. Just repeat the information. Don't worry about how long it is. Worry about how "complete" it is! Cut-and-paste is your friend for the creditor name and address.

Otherwise, if the hospital tracks you with a "patient ID" or other identifier, then use only one line and use the patient ID and not the invoice number.

As the form indicates you can specify when the charges occurred and it can be a date range... such as 1999 - 2013. It's only to give the creditor an idea of what you're talking about. In fact, most creditors just look at the Notice of Bankruptcy and never at the forms filed. The Notice of Bankruptcy is mailed to them by the Bankruptcy Noticing Center and it will have your social security number (SSN). Creditors typically then look you up by SSN and mark all those outstanding "invoices" as included in bankruptcy. I'm pretty sure that a hospital or other medical provider tracks a person by a single ID and not by an invoice number.

Whenever you're unsure, it's best to be more thorough rather than just listing the creditor once. Personally, I'd feel comfortable with listing the creditor only once and putting only the last four of my Patient ID (or SSN) in the account number box. Regardless of how you do it, they will have notification.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Read the form and follow the instructions. Part 2, Item 4 of Schedule E/F says:
          List all of your nonpriority unsecured claims in the alphabetical order of the creditor who holds each claim. If a creditor has more than one nonpriority unsecured claim, list the creditor separately for each claim. For each claim listed, identify what type of claim it is. Do not list claims already included in Part 1.
          Which is exactly with justbroke suggested.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X