So much anxiety. Scared. Depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much anxiety. Scared. Depressed

Hello all, i am feeling so much anxiety. I am truly scared to death. Had 341 on May 5th, no issues whatsoever. Next day trustee entered me as a no asset case and dismissed himself. I'm 12 days away from ending the 60 day wait period and I have had no objections from anyone. What I am worried about is someone objecting during the next 12 days specifically the UST. I've heard they like to object on day 59 or 60. Considering I have had no contact with Anyone since my 341 meeting, is there any chance the UST will pop up at the last moment or is likely since I've heard from no one since 341 and no activity on pacer? When I first lost my job and my income i was depressed and attempted suicide. I know selfish. I was scared. I was unsuccessful and spent months in hospital. I lost my job, my wife, my friends and I felt helpless and worthless, Then I filed for bankruptcy to relieve pressure. I went from making 54,000 a year to less than 25,000. I lost my 17 year Law Enforcementretirement and have started over. I just want this over with. I want to start new and fresh. I am scared about objections at the last minute. I have no more money to pay an attorney of something goes wrong.
    Last edited by LEOinblue; 07-24-2016, 02:48 AM.

Hello all, i am feeling so much anxiety. I am truly scared to death. Had 341 on June 5th, no issues whatsoever. Next day trustee entered me as a no asset case and dismissed himself. I'm 12 days away from ending the 60 day wait period and I have had no objections from anyone. What I am worried about is someone objecting during the next 12 days specifically the UST. I've heard they like to object on day 59 or 60. Considering I have had no contact with Anyone since my 341 meeting, is there any chance the UST will pop up at the last moment or is likely since I've heard from no one since 341 and no activity on pacer? When I first lost my job and my income i was depressed and attempted suicide. I know selfish. I was scared. I was unsuccessful and spent months in hospital. I lost my job, my wife, my friends and I felt helpless and worthless, Then I filed for bankruptcy to relieve pressure. I went from making 54,000 a year to less than 25,000. I lost my 17 year Law Enforcementretirement and have started over. I just want this over with. I want to start new and fresh. I am scared about objections at the last minute. I have no more money to pay an attorney of something goes wrong.
    Last edited by LEOinblue; 07-24-2016, 06:33 AM. Reason: Date wrong for 341

Comment

You need to relax. You state that your 341 was held on May 5th. Creditors had 60 days from the 341 to complain. Unless someone requested an extension of that deadline, it has come and gone. (Not sure why you indicate there are 12 days left.) You would have been notified of any extension requests and, by now, the filing of any complaints.

Assuming you have taken the second credit counseling course (pre-discharge education class) and have sent the certificate of completion to the court you should be getting your discharge very soon.

If your 341 was held later than May 5th and you really do have 12 more days, you just need to hold on. No one can predict whether or not a creditor will complain. If you are a typical case where you did not run up a bunch of debt just before filing and do not have a vindictive creditor (like an ex spouse), then, chances are nothing will happen.

Des.

Comment

I made an error, it was June 6th. I filed on May 5th.

Comment

I don't have any advice on bankruptcy but hang in there and start your life over. Right the mistakes you can and learn from them. The good news is the only way to go from here is up! Life is worth living. Be strong.

Comment

I'm more concerned with the UST objecting. I am not worried about creditors. I am only worried because I have read a lot of messages where the UST tends to wait until day 60 to object or extend with no previous warning to filer as to there being issues.

Comment

Thank you my friend. Until last year I loved a great life. I had the perfect job, great retirement plan, great friends, great family. I had a 780 credit core before losing my job. I lost my baby at birth, my wife, my job, my friends and then my great credit. I've been labeled a loser for filing for BK. Earlier this year i was so depressed i just wanted to leave this world tobsee my baby and parents in heaven. I failed at that. Then I decided I was going to fix my life. I filed for BK. However, i worry constantly. Just trying to understand things.

Comment

LEOinblue please don't worry about this as it will pass. Many people worry unnecessarily between the 341 Meeting and the actual discharge. Over 99% of the time, the worry is unnecessary. Typically the UST would have already given you some clue if they were "interested" in the case (such as showing up at your 341 Meeting and/or asking for documentation).

True friends would not label you a loser and would be there for you no matter what you did. That's called unconditional friendship. My brother and father were police officers and I have lots of law enforcement friends. Even some of my friends have gone through very similar issues in their family of law enforcement officers. I hope you can put this all behind you and get that "fresh start" once this bankruptcy is completed.

Best wishes and thank you for your past service to the community.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Unless there is something really strange about your case, which is already declared no asset, I highly doubt that the UST will suddenly object. I have been somewhat in your shoes, lost my career,became deeply depressed for a couple of years, almost did the suicide thing, The friends I lost were not true friends, so good riddance. My spouse was a rock in a really bad time, thank God. It will all be over soon. Please try to relax and think positively. You can and will begin again. I did and so did everybody on this board. Best of luck and HANG IN THERE !

Comment

LEOinblue, is there something specific about your case that you are worried about that will cause the US Trustee to object? If your income is less than $25,000 per year in the 6 months before you filed (or even in half of those months), then you are well below median in your state. So, that eliminates one big area for objection. If you are just worrying without any real issue in your case, stop worrying. The US Trustee doesn't object for the fun of it. If there is something specific you are worried about, tell us about it and maybe we can address that.
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Nothing specific i am worried about. I've just read a lot of horror stories where the UST pops up at day 59 or 60 with no previous warning and extends or dismisses the case. That's my only worry. I have not heard from anyine but I guess i am just worrying because of what I have read.

Comment

Hang in there. You are not by yourself. 6 years ago, I went thru the same thing........lost everything...........now.....6 years later........have a decent job.....just bought another house.....credit score is back up to 723............There is light at the end of the tunnel. You are not a failure........Bad things happen to good people.......Just put your head down, dig in, and keep trying to build back up.

Comment

In the years I've been reading this board I have read hundreds of stories of people getting discharged without a peep from the US Trustee. Stop reading the horror stories. They aren't your story or the stories of the majority of BK cases.
                          ​​
                          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LEOinblue, I combined your two identical threads. Please do not post the same things twice.

And please stop worrying!

Comment

Ok. I will probably just remove myself from page. I dont mean to get on anyone's nerves. I'll worry on my own. I posted in two different categories didn't realize it was wrong. Take care.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X