Awaiting Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaiting Discharge

Monday, 7/6th was the deadline for objection to discharge. As of today, 7/10th I’m still awaiting a discharge and according to PACER nothing has been entered on the docket since the day after the 341 meeting in May indicating no distribution. Is this unusual and maybe just a delay due to covid? Would there be something on the docket if there was an objection filed? I’ve emailed my attorney but haven’t got a response yet. My case is a Chapter 7, no asset case. It’s been a long road and I just want to put this process behind me. I appreciate any input and guidance. Thank you.

Discharge entered today!

Comment

Congratulations.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you justbroke! I’m so happy to have that behind me. I plan to search the forums for rebuild guidance. I noticed that some people join the MyFico credit monitoring service. The premium is $39 per month. Is that the best way to monitor my credit score from all the credit bureaus?

Comment

While this is no endorsement, because $39/month is high, I do use and do like MyFICO. If you just want free monitoring, you can get that from many credit unions and credit karma (although will likely not be a FICO score but a VantageScore 3).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Okay thanks again! I think I will sign up for MyFICO it seems like it covers a lot for the monthly rate. I have credit karma but it only gives me TU and Equifax scores.

Comment

Free "Annual" credit reports are now free weekly from all three bureaus. You don't get FICO scores with it, but you will get scores free when you apply for credit. So I wouldn't pay $39 for it. I also do remember signing up for the credit monitoring from the Equifax settlement but I haven't heard a peep from them.

Comment

Hi flashoflight, That was my original plan but when I went to sign up they asked for payment information. It’s a free 7 day trial and after that my card would be charged $29.95 per month.

Comment

Congratulations and good luck going forward 😊
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you sophieanne! 😊

Comment

You have to go through the annual credit report website every week to get the free weekly reports. You can't go to the bureaus directly and get the freebie.

Comment

Thank you again flashoflight! I was definitely looking at the wrong website.

Comment

congrats, same here I was scheduled for discharge 7/6 and it was updated 7/13... DONE !! chapter 7 275k unsecured over the course of 10 years, 4 kids, 2 IVFs and lots of deaths over the course of those years. Looking forward to a new start. Still paying my HELOC and 1st but not reafermed

Comment

congrats, same here I was scheduled for discharge 7/6 and it was updated 7/13... DONE !! chapter 7 275k unsecured over the course of 10 years, 4 kids, 2 IVFs and lots of deaths over the course of those years. Looking forward to a new start. Still paying my HELOC and 1st but not reafermed

Comment

Thank you bkandhappy! Congratulations to you as well! Absolutely looking forward to a fresh start! I learned a lot during this process and I’m happy it’s over.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X